T1 1600 Engine, 009 dizzy, Weber 32/36 - Timing Query!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gazmidas

Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone provide some advice on how to time this combination correctly? I believe the engine is standard in terms of 1600cc twin port.

I read that time to 11mm clockwise from tdc would be 7.5degrees and the correct setup. However it runs like a pig unless around 20mm anticlockwise from tdc...

Main issue I am having as terrible pickup from low revs. Need to get my head round timing again after years with minis and timing by ear!

Any help appreciated.

Gareth

For a 009 you really need a timing light as it should be set to about 30btdc at full advance (just Rev the engine until it stops advancing)

For a 009 you really need a timing light as it should be set to about 30btdc at full advance (just Rev the engine until it stops advancing)

Thanks,

I will give that a try this afternoon. I have read that an 009 should really be used with twin carbs - so it may be that I pop to Machine 7 to get a vac advance dizzy to resolve the pickup problem.

Gareth

I have checked the timing mark by the trusty method of removing the spark plugs, pencil down the number 1 plug then slowly turn over via the alternator pulley. I am confident TDC is now marked correctly.

Think a £58 Vac advance dizzy wouldn't be a waste of money, always good to have a spare :)

Regards
Gareth

Latest posts