Tacho Pics please

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
john the horse said:
petegee56 said:
Sunpro tach mounted under dash

IMG_0511.jpg

IMG_1523.jpg

Pete

set at 4k you are a drag racin hero :lol:

:D Hardcore me

sparkywig said:
aspro said:
Heard a rumour some repro original looking VDO tachs are coming out soon which will fit right into the spare gauge pod. ;)

Worth hanging out for in my opinion. :)

I heard this rumour about 10 years ago.... :lol:

I got a clock, so no spare :lol:

Couple of good threads here:

Jims excellent homebrew one:
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=28304" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Various others
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=31359&hilit=rev+counter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've got this old 70's thing mounted in the space the clock would go:
100_0582.jpg

DSC03479.jpg

Not as nice looking as the one the_troupster has but does the job. ;)

Zebedee said:
I've got this old 70's thing mounted in the space the clock would go:
100_0582.jpg

DSC03479.jpg

Not as nice looking as the one the_troupster has but does the job. ;)

i like this a LOT is there a label for the gearstick and the steering wheel :lol:

just noticed , does anyone actually put fuel in their buses :lol:

john the horse

When i bought the bus it had stainless steel knobs for everything with no markings and the MOT man wasn't too happy about not knowing what everything did so i stuck on some tickatape.
I tried removing them when i fitted the proper switches and it removed the paint off the dash so they've stayed.

Fuel? Can't afford that which is why the tank is nearly always empty and my camper doesn't get used much. :(

Zebedee said:
When i bought the bus it had stainless steel knobs for everything with no markings and the MOT man wasn't too happy about not knowing what everything did so i stuck on some tickatape.
I tried removing them when i fitted the proper switches and it removed the paint off the dash so they've stayed.

Fuel? Can't afford that which is why the tank is nearly always empty and my camper doesn't get used much. :(
only kiddin brother , i like the stickers looks like some 50 spaceship style and i feel for ya on fuel , seem to fill it half turn the key and its gone hmmm

Not the best pic....
But its nestling on the dash next to the CB, Oil pressure, oil temp, cylinder head temp, & Zeitronix zt-2 wideband controller gauges!!
2010_10170026.jpg

Loxy said:
Not the best pic....
But its nestling on the dash next to the CB, Oil pressure, oil temp, cylinder head temp, & Zeitronix zt-2 wideband controller gauges!!
2010_10170026.jpg

Gotta love a guage or two....... 8)

Just

Got mine thru today, thanks to Early VW.....

007-7.jpg

Thought it was huge in the box :shock: so had to fit it, and looks perfect, i think so anyway 8)

Just

creationblue said:
Thought it was huge in the box :shock: so had to fit it, and looks perfect, i think so anyway 8)

Just

Good choice, WE have awesome taste 8) :D :mrgreen:

Nugsy said:
Then seen the mooneyes half sweep one and quite like that but its only 3.5" so thought to small. seen a guy a the diner meet with one on his steerring column and didnt look to small at all. New can of worms as now i know 3.5" ones look ok :? :?

Mpg5000t%20%20moon%20half%20sweep%20rev%20counter%20(Custom).jpg

I did fancy one with a shift light, but then thought its not a drag car so whats the point. Really liked the look of the half sweep, sits just nice on my dash top.
27122008015.jpg

creationblue said:
Gotta love a guage or two....... 8)

Just

Lol, they're in the process of moving to under the dash....
Although I'm thinking I quite like driving around without them there at the moment, maybe just the Rev counter & the wideband for when I go EFI ;)
Just can't bring myself to cut the dash for the radio..... yet....

Latest posts