Tachometer - no doubt done to death

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andymac0143

Reaction score
Hi. I had a quick hunt this morning, but couldn't find the key piece of info, so thought I'd just ask at the risk of digging up old ground.

Anyone know what size tacho to get to fit in the spare clock pod on the gauge cluster behind the wheel?

Also if anyone can recommend one that isn't just kampers at £160.00 that'd be even better.

Thanks

From memory I think 80mm but you can measure the hole on the dash to double check. It's pretty much a standard size and any four cylinder, non computer type gauge will work.

If you have electronic ignition then it's gets more complicated.

Thanks for the response.

I haven't got the van here at the moment and I'm trying to sort parts before it's return so if anyone knows the exact size that would be great.

I have standard ignition (1972) with electronic points in the dizzy and updated coil if that helps.

Hi, Trikky is right 80mm I have a similar ignition set up to you I think, accuspark on mine, I've fitted a Smith's tacho bought off ebay for a few pounds as I couldn't justify the cost of the original looking ones, it works fine :D it's possibly off an mgb.

Latest posts