tax exemption question

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butty84

Reaction score
went to get my very first free tax disc yesterday from the post office as the ven passed its mot on friday but couldnt get it as, according to the post office worker, the log book needs to state historic vehicle where it says private light goods. cant bring the van home till it has tax and apparently i have to go to the dvla office and change it which means taking time off work which is nigh on impossible at the mo. anyone else had this trouble as i am pretty sure the previous ownwer had tax exempt tax discs. the woman at the post office consulted a book of some sort but still seemed pretty unsure, is it worth trying another post office or is this fact?? cheers, andy

I always go on line http://www.direct.gov.uk/taxdisc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Though it should say historic vehicle on tax class. It may have been a mistake when dvla sent you the V5C.

i had to go to local dvla centre to change the log book on our bug, went through the same story as you could not get free tax until log book stated historic vehicle. it didn't take long in the dvla centre picked up tax disc while in there and they sent off the log book for it to be changed, came back in 1 week :shock:

Yeah the V5 needs to state historic vehicle to get free tax.
How long have you had the vehicle for? As if you try Taxing it on-line the Tax might get sent to the previous owners address

had it since feb, looking like I will have to go to the dvla centre and sort it, thanks for the replies anywho guys.
andy

Latest posts