Tearing my hair out removing Hazard switch!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redwards

Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone out there know how to remove the knob off the end one the hazard switch. I've managed to unscrew the rest but the hazard will not budge. I've removed the rubber outer and the red lens/bulb but still no joy.

If anyone knows the correct location of the switches, I'll be grateful if you can let me know. As the previous owner clearly chucked them back in any hole that was available.

Thanks, Rich.

Toad said:
The knob just unscrews :D

(there are lots of dashboard photos on here that show layout)

No way! I even tried a pair of mole grips (gently of course) and the damn thing won't budge. :evil:

Does the rod come out of the switch? As even if I get the black part of the knob removed the bulb holder will still stop the collet being removed.

Thanks, a picture is a thousand words! Now I have confirmation that the shaft comes out with the knob, I'll get a pair of pliers on it to see if I can persuade it to move.

Looking at some dashboard pic's, it seems the hazard switch is in the right location (under the heater levers). It looks like I need to remove the switch to fit the heater lever bracket, then refit the switch.

Thanks for your help.

redwards said:
Thanks, a picture is a thousand words! Now I have confirmation that the shaft comes out with the knob, I'll get a pair of pliers on it to see if I can persuade it to move.

Looking at some dashboard pic's, it seems the hazard switch is in the right location (under the heater levers). It looks like I need to remove the switch to fit the heater lever bracket, then refit the switch.

Thanks for your help.

No problem! :D

Latest posts