TECHENDERS SEPTEMBER 2014

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickyrooo1

Reaction score
We've had a few newbies this year so i'll start the thread with a bit of an explaination.
What is TECHENDERS?
TECHENDERS is a meeting of (mostly) bay owners to camp and fix/learn about their van in a central location, it's a chance to ask all those questions you try to explain on here or compare your engine and oily bits to someone elses with assistance or back up from people who've probably done the same job you're attempting.
Where is it held?
It's at victoria farm near Lutterworth http://www.victoria-farm.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When is it?
It's held over the weekend of Fri 26 Sat 27 Sun 28 of september. Those turning up on the friday please note we can't go in the bottom field until after 4pm but can mill around up top from anytime.
Who can come?
Anyone, including pets or kids - come to mess with vans or just come for a weekend break.
What can i expect?
It's whatever you make of it, in the past we've removed and replaced engines or just helped people change a bulb, all we ask is you explain fully what you expect to do and do it early, no use saying "can i take my engine out" on saturday night..... also be aware we won't do your work for you, we expect you to get dirty - or be willing and we can point you in the right direction.
What about entertainment and food?
This isn't a vw show, it's just people meeting at a campsite owned by a vw owner who lets us use his facilites, there are no stalls or tat it's just camping, there is usually a run to the local chinese for a feed and Eddy the campsite owner usually does a full english at a £5 a head (i have to confirm this nearer the date) the local shops are 10 minutes away with a Morrisons etc. The site has a bar and a heated barn which we have the use of for a small fee if we use it due to bad weather etc.
What will it cost?
Usually £8 a night to camp with no hook up or £10 with, this will be confirmed nearer the time incase it's gone up - we do not take any money, this charge is from the site. Electric is limited in the lower field although there is plenty in the top field if needed - you can always walk or drive down during the day.

I'm on the latebay more than here but i'll pop on to monitor this should anyone want to come just let me know.

A perfect van? In my dreams, one day. :D

Very interested, definitely, I just need to make sure I am not working. I'd like some expert guidance on drum brake servicing and adjustment. Basic I know, but I hate messing with anything that might prove crucial when I don't know what I am doing. ;)

I'll try to confirm asap.

K

This is amazing I went to TE 9-13 iirc - it is just about getting over any inhibitions on working on your bus...I did brakes and was part of the first engine out. Bus cam on a lowloader friday night and we swapped it out in a field and it left under its own steam on Sunday!

I can't commit to it just yet but very interested - does Roddy still go?

dubdubz said:
This is amazing I went to TE 9-13 iirc - it is just about getting over any inhibitions on working on your bus...I did brakes and was part of the first engine out. Bus cam on a lowloader friday night and we swapped it out in a field and it left under its own steam on Sunday!

I can't commit to it just yet but very interested - does Roddy still go?
no sign of roddy for years at one of these as far as i'm aware, his name gets mentioned but i never met him.

I would love to go to something like this.
Our problem is it's so far from Langport Somerset with the van............. :(
Is there, or do you know of same sort of thing closer or further south?

J & P
:D :D :D

I quiet fancy this but need to get confirmation from my misses if she is working or not.

Got a couple of issues to iron out with me Leisure Battery circuit, but the biggy would be to get a working sunroof, got all the bits I think I need but the only thing I'm missing is the balls to take it all out :lol:

Also happy to get involved and help out with any other things going on, purely just to learn. It would be rude not to attend as its about 8 miles from my house :msn4:

rockandrollcamper said:
If love to go too this but unfortunately already elsewhere. Is it roughly the same weekend every year ?
we do one in april and one in september dates give or take much the same

last call, if anyones coming see you there i'll be there from around 2pm today, weather looking good for the weekend so even if you're not camping pop over to see what it's about and maybe come in april to the next one?

well for those who didn't come (and i suspect none of you off here) you missed a good weekend, the weather was great and we had 29 vans turn up, there were a couple of earlies and the odd crossover but the majority were lates where i publicise the event a lot more, the next one is in april 2015 and will be the 25th techenders we've held over the years, i will of course let you all know and it would be nice to see some of you come.
http://thelatebay.com/index.php?threads/techenders-september-2014-with-video-and-pics.42156/page-37" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the above link will take you to "the dark side" to see a few pic's - wallow through the waffle, as you know we do talk a bit of crap over there - 1 sensible post for every 10 silly ones....

Latest posts