the journey of bluebell with unlocked pics

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madjack

Reaction score
At last got my head around posting Pics better the wife will never aslk me to bring a car home again.

http://flic.kr/p/4Sm3iZ
DSCF0006 by jeff nasse, on Flickr

003 by jeff nasse, on Flickr

006 by jeff nasse, on Flickr

002 by jeff nasse, on Flickr

well that was the early days in the back garden then she was moved on to my old school Mechanic

007 by jeff nasse, on Flickr

For him to carry out his whitemans magic

05092007061 by jeff nasse, on Flickr

01102007087 by jeff nasse, on Flickr

09112007098 by
camper 001 by jeff nasse, on Flickrjeff nasse, on Flickr

Time to start making the doors up

Back home to start bolting on the shiney bits

camper 002 by jeff nasse, on Flickr

Engine No 1

Picture 047 by jeff nasse, on Flickr

But missed a hair line crack in the crankcase so out that came and in went Engine 2 with a few upgrades

Untitled by jeff nasse, on Flickr

Well thats it for now but will upload the interior picks soon

camera 1 561 by jeff nasse, on Flickr

Madjack says:
the wife will never aslk me to bring a car home again

Bluebell is a stunner, even the wife must be chuffed with the end result.

Mine is a similar project; having no actual skills whatsoever and no space to work with, I have entrusted almost everything to professional restorers and it has taken best part of 5 months, start to finish (oh, and a wad of cash) :cry: I guess its swings and roundabouts.

Well done! Really like that colour scheme,the blue up top is lovely.

Nice to see the turn around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try Stan at http://www.caravan-supplies.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. He can supply the aluminium trim and coloured insets used by Devon and other converters at reasonable cost.

I have restored my Devon interior using this trim and a cream insert and it looks fab if I do say so myself. You can get an idea of his stock here - look at item TE7 - http://www.caravan-supplies.co.uk/images/accessories_TE1.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Don't be put off using the original aluminium strip, as it is very malleable and is easily shaped around rounded corners using a hammer and wooden block to 'form' it without splitting or buckling.

Nice van and looks like your school mechanic has done a good job. 8)

cunning plan said:
Wow, nice. 8)

How long did all that take?

No work needed on the chassis? :eek:
It's been an on going project for the last 5 years but in total about 5months work done most of the welding myself to the bodywork .Then rolled it over to do the underneath built the engine up under the instruction of my mechanic .Running red9 coil conversion on the front replaced most of the steering so about the middle waistband is all that hasn't, been touched.

gninnam said:
Put it this way if you drove pass his garage you would carry on driving but being old school their is not a lot he won't have a go at and he is not in the £60 an hour world

Delilahtoo said:
Madjack says:
the wife will never aslk me to bring a car home again

Bluebell is a stunner, even the wife must be chuffed with the end result.

Mine is a similar project; having no actual skills whatsoever and no space to work with, I have entrusted almost everything to professional restorers and it has taken best part of 5 months, start to finish (oh, and a wad of cash) :cry: I guess its swings and roundabouts.
Sometimes I wish I paided out for mine it may of stopped me from changing things but that is what I like about it but will it ever be finished?

madjack said:
gninnam said:
Put it this way if you drove pass his garage you would carry on driving but being old school their is not a lot he want have a go at and he is not in the £60 an hour world

Now't wrong with that :mrgreen:

Thanks it will never be a show winner but as my first vw project I have learnt a lot and its been an interesting few years meeting different people maybe if I was to do another I would choose one that was a bit more solid .by the way yours looks great

Thanks , this is my first attempt as well never owned an air cooled motor before! Use to restore Morris monors back in the day.

Know it's not standard but then the bus was done for personal preference as there was nothing in her when I bought it.

Latest posts