The old girl did me proud :)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddog

Reaction score
Roughly two weeks ago whilst racing at Dragstalgia I noticed the old girl wasn't running right........a lack of power being the main issue.
So a week later, with the aid of my 2 pit bitches, the engine was out and stripped.
Three problems were found, luckily nothing major though.

1. Inlet manifold gaskets had decided to fall apart and shrink (were only 6 weeks old!)
2. One of the copper head gaskets had a crack in it.
3. All 4 inlet valves weren't seating properly.

Anyway....the problems were fixed and engine back in and started but due to work I never had time to roadtest her etc....

So last Friday the roadtest was up to Santa Pod to race in the National Mopars. All went very well and on the Sat I was out on track.
She ran beautifully!! Back in the 14's again :) and first time I've run back to back in the 14's too.

Beating a big block Dodge Charger was a highlight and even though it was an american car show the crowds cheered when I went over the line first :lol:

beatingcharger.jpg

pb.jpg

love this 8) ,me and my mate had a good chat with you at chimay and you showed us your set up,
always great to watch you boys race 8)

the-irv said:
love this 8) ,me and my mate had a good chat with you at chimay and you showed us your set up,
always great to watch you boys race 8)
I remember :D cheers.....was a good show and trip to Chimay 8)

Nice one Chris! Mentioned this to the lads at work and they basically said 'fur cough, a bus beating a Charger, no way!! Showed them the pics and well, pics don't lie!!! Well impressed they were, as anyone would be! Top stuff mate,bloody brilliant, hope to see you again before too long. :D

Pete B said:
Nice one Chris! Mentioned this to the lads at work and they basically said 'fur cough, a bus beating a Charger, no way!! Showed them the pics and well, pics don't lie!!! Well impressed they were, as anyone would be! Top stuff mate,bloody brilliant, hope to see you again before too long. :D
:lol: yeah it does surprise a few! Thx mate....yeah hope to catch up soon :D

Marriedblonde said:
Holy crap 14's!!!!!

What spec is your engine? Where in Hampshire are you from? Just wondering if you are local to me in southampton...

J.
I've moved :lol: i was in north hampshire but now back in berkshire.

John Maher built 2276cc on 44 webers. Not an out and out race motor.....built to push me along well but also to be nice to use around town...trips abroad and be reliable too.
Yes its a UK Dormobile and yes i do race with full interior, pop-top and roofrack :lol: anything that can easily be removed beforehand is but im quite lazy to be honest :lol:
Ohh and it runs NOS too ;)

J.[/quote]

Ohh and it runs NOS too ;)[/quote]

Haha as you do..... Awesome tho. That must have cost a few £££££ my problem would be taking my finger off the nos button!

rockandrollcamper said:

Ohh and it runs NOS too ;)[/quote]

Haha as you do..... Awesome tho. That must have cost a few £££££ my problem would be taking my finger off the nos button![/quote]
:lol: erm...........yep not cheap but hey the buzz is worth it! :D if you are wondering then all i'll say is 5 figures.......

Latest posts