This is not early bay but for christ sake....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THE LAST PANZER

Reaction score
..............have i read the price right, is just me that thinks this is way way way over the top :shock: It just seem like a bit of a piss take, i am a fairly thick skinned bloke so if anyone thinks i'm wrong then i'll listen. The reason i came across this is that i am after a deluxe chrome one of these.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Bay-Window-Bus-Van-76-79-Genuine-VW-U-Piece-For-Sliding-Door-Hinge-Brand-New-/390476399110?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5aea350206&_uhb=1#ht_1552wt_1037" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ouch - I thought some Muppet would be selling it for that price!

Really surprised that its Heritage knocking it out at megabucks

Spence

Some sliding door parts are stupid money! I cringe every time I have to give a price for replacing the middle bits! A lot of money for very little! :roll:

http://www.vwheritage.com/vw_spares_U-Piece-For-Sliding-Door-Hinge-T2-8-75-79-Genuine-VW-281843351A_act_shop.product_pID_196207_lang_EN_country_GB.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

These are BRAND NEW ITEMS from VW, this is why they are priced that way. It's cos they cost us a Fortune from VW.

As said above feel free to get second hand from Megabug or from Volksmagic but if you want brand new genuine VW then sadly you have to pay the price.

I agree mate I think its a piss take, mind you at least you knows it proper vw and good quality.
It's the rubbish thats advertised as "german quality " and priced bloody high that really is a piss take.

I have bought whole cars, running with an mot and driven them home, for less than that :lol:

Trikky2 said:
I have bought whole cars, running with an mot and driven them home, for less than that :lol:

I was thinking the same....mini cooper £1.... Lada Riva £25 (pricey I know but hey I needed to get north on christmas day)...

There's deluxe versions come up on here for good money by comparison granted 40 years of wear/use.....

I have this LHD one available for less than the above U hinge.
953553.jpg

953554.jpg

953555.jpg

Ive looked at used chrome early u-hinges at shows before, and they are normally around £25-30.
So for a brand new nos item, what would be an acceptable price, should you want one? I genuinely have no idea, and given the amount of used ones readily avaiable, noone is being held to ransom .... so, what would make it an ok price?
I guess the first person to have them, ie Heritage, have to kind of pluck the figure out of the air.

Clem said:
Ive looked at used chrome early u-hinges at shows before, and they are normally around £25-30.
So for a brand new nos item, what would be an acceptable price, should you want one? I genuinely have no idea, and given the amount of used ones readily avaiable, noone is being held to ransom .... so, what would make it an ok price?
I guess the first person to have them, ie Heritage, have to kind of pluck the figure out of the air.

It isn't a figure plucked out of the air, it was a price based on the price we had to pay to get them from VW themselves, We make bugger all on bits from VW as they are pretty expensive even to us!

We have the last 4 NOS ones in exsistance, after that it'll be second hand only.

alex4057 said:
http://www.vwheritage.com/vw_spares_U-Piece-For-Sliding-Door-Hinge-T2-8-75-79-Genuine-VW-281843351A_act_shop.product_pID_196207_lang_EN_country_GB.htm

These are BRAND NEW ITEMS from VW, this is why they are priced that way. It's cos they cost us a Fortune from VW.

As said above feel free to get second hand from Megabug or from Volksmagic but if you want brand new genuine VW then sadly you have to pay the price.

Do you do them for an earlybay? all of these are for lates or LHD sliders 8)

No sorry dude, they are simply not available, all EB ones will be second hand only!

We have the last 4 NOS ones in exsistance, after that it'll be second hand only.
With respect Alex, that is a rash statement to make. You can rest assured that there are others out there, albeit waiting to be found on some dusty shelf. The internet is making the sourcing of hard to find items easier by the week. If someone in Timbuktu had a stash of NOS parts in the past, they'd have junked them - now they go on the internet for anybody to have a go at buying.

alex4057 said:
Clem said:
It isn't a figure plucked out of the air, it was a price based on the price we had to pay to get them from VW themselves, We make bugger all on bits from VW as they are pretty expensive even to us!

Sorry I didn't mean it like that, just that you come up with a price based on cost to you, plus relative overheads plus whatever profit margin you think the market can stand. :)

You pays your money etc.

Even if i had a late bay that i was doing to show room condition, would you ever know the differance if you bought a second hand one got it stripped and painted and replaced the brass bushes (the part that actually wears), I think not....................

I got a good chrome one from the states (that reminds me it still needs fitting....anyone want to come and hold the door while i swap them over?) and like Clem says they do crop up for under £50 in chrome in the UK.

vwed said:
With respect Alex, that is a rash statement to make. You can rest assured that there are others out there, albeit waiting to be found on some dusty shelf. The internet is making the sourcing of hard to find items easier by the week. If someone in Timbuktu had a stash of NOS parts in the past, they'd have junked them - now they go on the internet for anybody to have a go at buying.

Point well made,

I re phrase

It is the last 4 that Classic VW in Germany have currently got :mrgreen:

Latest posts