Thought I would try and share a few pictures

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

First weekend outing - failed rocker cover gasket on a wet sunday afternoon in deepest suffolk (no chance of finding a new one so the ride of shame home)

seeing your kids like that is exactly what its all about for me. Mine are now creeping into teenage years but they still love holidays in the van. Beautiful van, very much like mine :)

I need to lower mine, how did you achieve your stance and does it rub?

Robcod said:
seeing your kids like that is exactly what its all about for me. Mine are now creeping into teenage years but they still love holidays in the van. Beautiful van, very much like mine :)

I need to lower mine, how did you achieve your stance and does it rub?

Hi Robcod, thanks for the compliments on the bus !
The kids love it (the missus too, and although she prefers days out/overnighters rather than longer adventures, we have had a few decent uk trips since the bus has been usable.

Bought it off a friends brother who had imported it then stashed it in a lockup as a future project.
He then got a job which meant moving abroad so needed to sell quick.
He did the bare minimum to get it through the MOT! And then lowered it (as that was his taste and he thought it may appeal to more).
When we bought her she was really rough , and really low - to the point it was impractical - slightest bump in the road caused tyres to hit , and she only had about 50% of normal steering lock.
First thing i did was raise her up a bit - its a very basic set-up - just spline adjustment on the rear ( trial and error until desired and practical ride height found), and adjusters welded onto front beam. New shocks all round ( nothing fancy but appropriate size for ride height/travel ).
Loved the whole process of the restoration, sourcing parts and deciding on look and style etc.
Would love to take credit for all the work, but the majority was done by a friend who is much more knowledgeable and capable than me due to being a welder/ fabricator by trade and a real aircooled nut. I can manage basic mechanics/electrics and the interior is an ongoing project for me.

Latest posts