• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Thule or Westfalia towbar mounted bike Rack?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevoalsop

Reaction score
Hi all,

Is anybody using a towbar mounted bike rack and if si is it

A, any good

And if so

B, which one is it?

Thanks in advance

Kev

Ive a thule one, got 2nd hand on Gumtree. Is designed for electric bikes and is really solid. would recommend it, but around £320 new - not sure i'd pay that much for it....

It does, I can check the oil level no problem, but I'd recommend taking the bikes and carrier off if you wanted to replace the fan belt or anything that involved a bit more elbow room. Lifts on and off well to and secures well on the ball my my west towbar. Electrics are a bit thin wired and lack proper heavy protection - but its been on mine for the last 10,000 miles with no issue

With mine being LHD its good to see out the back window properly, just so i can see how long the tailback is behind me

Its the older version but I had one of these on my car:

http://www.pendle-bike.co.uk/shopping/ws-rack.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the arms/wheel slots are held on by an bolt and the main spine connects to the ball with a big pin. The connector has to stay on the ball but doesnt impede to much. Takes about 10 mins to install/remove.

Now have a Fiamma one for my bus so currently surplus.

Aplogies for teh hijack but its a great towbar :msn4:

Latest posts