Tim says hello

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great to see you on here al

was a great drive to pick it up with ya even though it did rain all the way there and back :lol:

night cruise went well although i did feel drousy in the rocketship sat behind at 60 :lol:

Think you got a good buy there and will reep the results even if it is not a bad back :shock:

cooooool bus 8)

Yeah! what a night and had to get up early the next morning to load up and get ready for the cruise to vanwest. Well worth it tho. :D :D

never having driven a split but knowing how cool and just 'right' it feels driving my bay, what's your verdict on the difference? Your new bus looks the nuts, by the way!

Well after a few engine probs, decided to replace it. Got me a nice 1776. Spent the last few days putting it in and getting it running. 8)

Thanks to all the guys in the OVC. :D

A couple of pics.

Old engine out

01-08-07_1641.jpg

New engine ready to go in.

01-08-07_1642.jpg

Engine in

100_1045.jpg

100_1046.jpg

And finally all back together.

100_1047.jpg

100_1048.jpg

Just got to get him on the rolling road for a tune up. :D

Yo DNA looking uber cool , Ill check out your bus at a show coz its sweet as fook son 8)

Thanks for the comments guys. 8)

Engines gotta come out again. Never checked the clutch. Got a late pressure plate and an early release bearing. :( Still we live and learn. Off tomorrow morning to get a new clutch. :roll:

Well engine out, new clutch in, engine back in, clutch adjusted running sweet as. 8) :D

Just need to get it on the rolling road for a good tune up. :D

Here's a few pics of Tim at Vanfest sporting a new coat, hat and smile. (Paint, rack and grill) 8) :D

Vanfest20071.jpg

Vanfest20072.jpg

Vanfest20073.jpg

the new look is lovely, altho i prefer the original colour, the modern finish looks ace, and the colour coded rack is a real treat.

Well been a busy couple of months. Had to go back in for a respray as the new paint had a bad reaction to something.

Rear hub nut came off on the way back from Brighton Breeze and nearly lost the wheel.

Finally got the hand brake sorted, too many different cables and none fitted correctly. Had to remove some of the cable tube to get it to work properly.

Had new dash painted, so taken old one out and new one ready to go back in tomorrow after the new loom is in.

Next will be to start on the rest of the interior.

Dash out.
DashOut02.jpg

New dash.
Dash07.jpg

Finally go some pics of the work done on Tim, so thought I'd stick them up. ;)

As luck would have it there wasn't much to do to the body apart from a few dings. :cool:

Respray01.jpg

Respray02.jpg

Respray03.jpg

Respray04.jpg

Respray05.jpg

Respray06.jpg

Respray07.jpg

Respray08.jpg

Respray09.jpg

Respray10.jpg

Respray11.jpg

Respray12.jpg

Respray13.jpg

Respray14.jpg

Here the pics of the repair work after the scrape down the side, and the damage when the hub nut came off. :cool:

Repair01.jpg

Repair02.jpg

Repair03.jpg

Repair04.jpg

Repair05.jpg

Repair06.jpg

Update01.jpg

Update02.jpg

Update03.jpg

Update04.jpg

Update05.jpg

Update06.jpg