To those who fitted the fuel cut off solenoid....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doris

Reaction score
Hi all......
Remember that group buy we had ages ago for the additional fuel cut off solenoid???well,I've Come to fit mine and found the instructions are very vague. no wiring diagram either.

Afaik, a solenoid just needs an earth & a power supply.when the + power is supplied the solenoid operates/opens,when it's cut the solenoid returns to the closed position - yeah????

Q - have three spade terminals on the solenoid. One marked earth,which leaves 2 others ( both unmarked). So which one do I connect to the + supply to operate the solenoid??

Thanks in advance...... Rob

P.s. I've tried connecting each of the two terminals to listen for a 'click' but nitto!

Spend the last few days reading up about this as I am going to get a solenoid. I remember someone posting up the the solenoid was marked wrong, as that you needed to use the 2 spade connectors next to each other, and not the one on it's own marked earth. I haven't seen one of these solenoids to confirm, it's just what I read from a few guys on here.

Oh cheers mate. I've searched every thread I could find regarding the solenoids but haven't found that one. Cheers!

Anyone else confirm or deny? :D its stopping the job!!

Thanks mate.

fitted mine yesterday & I can conform its the two terminals at the bottom that are needed. The left hand one is - the right is +

Cheers - Rob

Latest posts