TOP INSURANCE COMPANY

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crewcab

Reaction score
The one that advertises on here, cherished vehicle, got free european breakdown, all for £160 ;)

Hi Neil
We've just had a quote from them for the microbus and it's only £158 with breakdown and European cover!! Would definitely recommend them.
See you at the weekend hopefully (Notch hasn't been picked up yet...)
Cheers
Rach :D

hi there, i too have just taken out insurance with the above, £151 fully comp with free european breakdown cover, £45 cheaper than my currant insurance ;) bruce

will defo be calling them soon, as the bus is about to depart the axle stands and the garage

Mike F - How did you get on with the agreed value? mine due next month have just emailed them as closed so am also waiting. With Footman James at the moment and to be fair always seemed good on the phone. I suppose you can only tell how good an insurance company is when you have to make a claim and lets hope that never happens to any of us :cry:

Exactly the same as you nags.
Good (cheap) quote of £140 - just got to decide if better option than 'better known' Footman James in terms of service...
Filled in the online form at about 6pm, got a call back an hour later, so impressed so far!

I had a decent insurance quote from them, but when I asked about agreed value the bloke on the phone said the value was only what the van stood me for..i.e. the price I paid plus what I had spent on it to improve things.When I said that buses were increasing in value every year and were worth what someone would pay, he proceeded to tell me that he had paid £30,000 for a split screen 3 years ago and sold it last year for £17,000 because they were not holding their price!!.....Yeah right...Joker!!!

it is true though, splitscreens are coming down in price BUT earlybays are going up! ;)

tha fact that last year we were in the middle of the worse recession in living memory might have had some bearing on his sale too :)

mines now insured with cherised. 20 quid cheaper than before but agreed value at a reasonable level :)

well i got a very pleasant bloke, no problems at all regarding valuation and it came in £20 cheaper than footman just today.

I'm in with Cherished too as of today. Very helpful and polite over the phone, got my earlybay discount, and as I live in quietville and as Matt says am also approaching the point where life starts :( only cost me £137 too! Agreed value if you send front, back sides, engine bay and interior pics.

these quotes all look good but i guess there are lots of different equations that go into a quote. for anyone that doesn't get as low as they had hoped with cherished or footman, try carol nash. just got my renewal through:

£112
£13000 agreed value with no quibbles (i supplied pics, adverts, receipts and a valuation from clem)
3000 miles - ok for the time being
includes legal protection and uk/euro breakdown cover

i am 45 though!

cant speak for the service as i haven't had to claim.

They wouldn't quote me, said it had to be second vehicle insurance and I've only got the van.

Took out my insurance with Cherished Vehicle a week ago at a good price of £175 with european cover and breakdown[33 yrs and clean licence ;) ]. Got all the paperwork through but there was a couple of mistakes with where vehicle was being kept, gave them a call and they got it changed straight away with no increase in premium or charge. Got the revised paperwork through yesterday and there was another problem cos they had it stored in a secure compound which it isn't. I am a bit of a fecker when it comes to insurance companies cos dont trust em and wanted to make sure all the details were spot on so gave them another call this morning and got it all sorted with no increase in premium or no charge. They have been real good and called me back when they have promised so i have to give them the thumbs up! :D :D :D

Latest posts