torvette

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made by Devon........more info here.............
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6371" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Johnny said:
any pics Rob? id love to see the interior 8)
i have johnny ....but am going to show my lack of computer knowledge now ...how do i get them on here !!
i tried to add file but it says file was too big? what am i doing wrong !

cancel that i think i have it !!
HPIM0453.jpg

HPIM0456.jpg

HPIM0450.jpg

HPIM0451.jpg

HPIM0452.jpg

How long have you had the van? did you paint it yourself?? a rub down and varnish would have it looking like new 8)

looks like you have everything present there. how many tables have you got? 1? 2? what condition is your cooler in?

i,ve had the van approx 6yrs ,the cooler is a1 inside ,no cracks etc .
as for the blueness of it that was the partners idea and i let her do it because i was just happy for her to show interest :D , but we are planning at some point to sand it down, repair the poor areas and varnish it back as it should be .
i,ve got both the tables in it ... i,m not sure but i think the only thing missing from it is the worktop which goes on top of the cooker cupboard .............. so if anyone has a spare one ! :lol:

There are subtle changes right through most of the Devon ranges and also dependant on spec when it was ordered.

I'm nearly sure there were two versions of Torvette interior, early (67-69) and later (69-70)

The torvette was the budget model and was replaced by the Sunlander in 71 which was revamped as the Devonette later that year. The Torvette was based on the microbus. The caravette and Eurovette were the top of the range which later combine to make the Moonraker in 71. these were based on the Clipper model.

heres a mint Early Torvette interior... @1968

DSCN2364.jpg

DSCN2362.jpg

DSCN2367.jpg

DSCN2375.jpg

DSCN2325.jpg

http://s253.photobucket.com/albums/hh43/68_devon_torvette/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

^^^^^^as spoken by the "Judge" of "Devon Interiors"
judge.jpg

my ruling would be ....as they were made & assembled in Devon the subtle changes
were influenced by the volume of cider consumed by the workers :lol:

My old '68 Torvette was like that one above Johnny posted. It has the funky slide out stool above the cool box so you can sit an extra body at the table.

Quite cool, but the bed was an arse to put up.

pete nice said:
Quite cool, but the bed was an arse to put up.

i agree .......... well the partner does ........ she does it whilst me and the kids go off :lol:

the thing i like about the early torvette is the full width seat, that makes a stool and hides the cool box, A Devon is like the 'Swiss army knive' of buses, really versatile, even the bed has several arrangements 8)

1972_price_list_2.jpg

you had to work hard if you wanted to camp in a devon :lol: but i reckon its well worth the effort :wink:

Thanks for the interesting post guys! After looking at the pictures and reading Johnny's post I now know (or at least think I know!) that my van was originally a Devonette as there are signs of it having a very similar interior to the ones shown in this thread, but mine was biult in 1972.

I'd always wondered what it started life out as!

Nice to see a Torvette or two again. Glad theres still some out there that are so original.

Cool thread 8)