tracking

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

splod77

Reaction score
what should the tracking and the camber be set to on a 69bay?
thanks paul

Hi

Have a look here:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=206764" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Although I am struggling to find a garage that can do it in the Manchester area, as they only have the computerised set up which don’t have any 'old' VW vehicle details in, Guess you would need to find an old-timer that can use the mirrors and bulb thingy?

The toe in is to be set at 15 minutes ... but each time I adjust it, when I move the van it seems to go out of alignment ... is this down to all the variables/wear in an old designed system? :?

Clem said:
The toe in is to be set at 15 minutes ... but each time I adjust it, when I move the van it seems to go out of alignment ... is this down to all the variables/wear in an old designed system? :?

Yes - I find the same. It's due to slightly worn ball joints - I try to keep my toe in at around 1 - 2 mm but it changes depending on whether the van is going forward or backwards. Camber angle should be 40 - 60'.

Latest posts