TREDEGAR HOUSE EVENT CANCELLED

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graham L

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Hightop Panel
Just seen this on the website :( :( :( :( :(

URGENT NEWS
Tredegar House VW Show event 2010 Cancelled

It is with our deepest regret we have to inform you that this event has been cancelled.
We have been contacted by the country house and area council, and have been told that due to the up and coming weather conditions the grounds in and around the area were the show was to take place would not be suitable.

It seems a clause in the contract between the country house and our self's stipulated this, and the decision to cancel this event was not down to the organizers but the council them self's.

There is no one more disappointed and unhappy with this decision than our self's, and have been in talks with the council to try rectify the situation, but after excuasting all options we have no option other than to inform you now of the cancelation.

We can do no more than to deeply apologies for this decision, and would ask those who have bought tickets, or just need to confirm the cancelation to contact Anthony or Dave using the information on the contacts page of this website.

Again our heartfelt apologies, and hope you will continue to support us as you have to date, and truly understand this decision was out of our hands.

The Tredegar House VW Team

http://www.tredegarhousevwshow.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anywhere we can do an impromptu early bay camping for the weekend to make up for this :roll: :roll:, can bring my 6m x 4m marquee for everyone to shelter under & cook as seen at the Halloween gig but ideally need a site with hard standing somewhere centrally located with space at short notice

Any suggestions???

Tesco carpark? Mite be the only firm ground in the country by the looks of this weather

thats a bitch man!

but i think you'll need an Ark not a marquee, its chuffing pissing down here for 48 hours nearly, we have 6" of snow in someparts in the west and apparently its heading east.

A great shame.

We're just off to the new forest now, in the process of booking some pitches at Roundhill caravan and camping park.

We will be there, come rain or shine!!! :lol:

I can't believe this has happened, I really feel for Dave and Anthony who have undoubtedly lost a great deal due to the decision from the Council. :cry:

Having spoken to Dave I know he only found out late yesterday and has been doing his utmost to find another venue since then but the licences are not transferable and would take too long to be agreed, even if a suitable site could be found. He also said to me that he is consious of the fact this show was sold as a family show with picturesque surroundings and any old site just wouldn't do.

I know he will see everyone right as soon as he has weighed up the whole situation, please bare with them both.

Jon

Jon

I agree its a great shame the event has had to be cancelled, however personally I feel it would have been nice if someone from the Tredegar House team had posted on here to let us know rather than us having to find out for ourselves via the event website. I only found out as 2 other people rang me to tell me after they had visited the Tredegar House site today.

I do wonder how many people will still turn up at the weekend if they have not visited a web site in the week to check?

Im sorry guy's my phone has not stoped did'nt get any sleep last night , been trying so hard to find a new site to hold this Event , as you can see with the weather its a Nightmare , this is my first post on here :(

If anyone would like a refund please Contact me or you can use your Ticket for dubsatthecastle on the 16th,17th,18th, July
thank Dave,

URGENT NEWS :( :(
Tredegar House VW Show event 2010 Cancelled

It is with our deepest regret we have to inform you that this event has been cancelled.
We have been contacted by the country house and area council, and have been told that due to the up and coming weather conditions the grounds in and around the area where the show was to take place would not be suitable.

It seems a clause in the contract between the country house and ourselves stipulated this, and the decision to cancel this event was not down to the organizers but the council themselves.

There is no one more disappointed and unhappy with this decision than ourselves, and have been in talks with the council to try to rectify the situation, but after exhausting all options we have no option other than to inform you now of the cancellation.

We can do no more than to deeply apologies for this decision, and would ask those who have bought tickets, or just need to confirm the cancelation to contact Anthony or Dave using the information on the contacts page of this website.

Again our heartfelt apologies, and hope you will continue to support us as you have to date, and truly understand this decision was out of our hands.

The Tredegar House VW Team

Graham L said:
Jon

I agree its a great shame the event has had to be cancelled, however personally I feel it would have been nice if someone from the Tredegar House team had posted on here to let us know rather than us having to find out for ourselves via the event website. I only found out as 2 other people rang me to tell me after they had visited the Tredegar House site today.

I do wonder how many people will still turn up at the weekend if they have not visited a web site in the week to check?

Graham i work fulltime aswell as run this show, :? We got it up on the Website Asap :( Now i have had two mins to post

Again im Sorry and said a full refund will be given Or use the Ticket for Dubsatthecastle on the 16th,17th,18th Julu this is a Nitemare i am now trying to contact the 72 traders which was Booked for the show ,, also Cancel , Marquee , toilets, Showers, lighting,etc bands displays,
We have payed out for this Show,

I Have 1500 free stickers if anyone wants one :?:

Thanks Dave

I wasn't having a go it just came as a bit of a shock that we hadn't heard anything but the web site said it was cancelled,

Currently trying to find somewhere to camp for the weekend where it won't be raining but looking at the forecast I think we will struggle :roll: :roll: :roll:

Not sure we can get to Dubs at the castle due to my work commitments but will see, keep your spirits up mate

well im sitting in work looking out at about 5 inches of snow since lunchtime :shock:

its heading your way

Hi Guys

Full refunds can be given via Paypal once tickets have been posted back to us, preferably recorded delivery or handed back to us in person at a future show. Alternatively, you can keep your tickets and use them for DubsattheCastle on the 16th, 17th and 18th July 2010.

Again, I'm so sorry about this, sodding British weather and jobsworth at the Council does not make a match made in heaven............

Dave

http://www.dubsatthecastle.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well Dave.

I'd like to express my sincere thanks at putting it all together even though it's now off. Putting events like this together is seriously demanding. Both myself and all my friends and family who were to attend feel gutted for you and don't hold you responsible one single bit.

I think you did an amazing job and it's only nature that beat us this time. I say roll on next year for the 1st show at Tredegar House.

:D

I would like to reiterate Tezzah comments. I really feel for you all the effort put in to be let down by the sodding weather.

Dave

I'd also like to add my thanks for want you have done to organise the event. We will be doing our best to attend the alternative event. Don't eat all the Easter eggs at once!
Best wishes
Ged

Dave

You have definitely taken my comments wrongly and I apologise if they offended, it was not intended (oh the joy of writing things on the internet and email), I was not trying to have a go at you or any of the organisers just more the way I found out so I'm sorry for my post which on reading again does come across wrong, I'm big enough (literally :lol: :lol: ) to say sorry in public.

My full time job is in the the events industry so I'm well aware of the pressure it takes to organise events. (perhaps we should have a chat :?: :?: )

I would like to echo the sentiments made above as I know its hard work and challenging at the best of times and it would appear the local council were keen to have the event on their land but not the consequences of that many vehicles, I think you may have caught them out by how successful bookings have been, but clearly the weather in this country has once again spoiled what was going to be a great event that I and I know a lot of others were looking forward to 8) 8) 8)

I do hope you manage to pick up the pieces and sort it all out and if there is anything I can do to help then please let me know

Sorry to you as well mate, as you can imagine I'm knackered, and extremely disappointed. The pressure of this has been enormous and I agree, things on e-mail or text can be misunderstood.

No worries though, I'm sure we'll enjoy a beer or two at a future event ;)

Thanks to all of you who have commented so kindly and positively to this nightmare

Dave

phew! i thought i was going to have to ask you both to shake hands ;) :p

seriously, we all feel your dissappointment, but appreciate your effort, without people like yourself we wouldnt have such a great show season.

Gutted, for you Dave, we were really looking forward to going to this.

Just heard on another forum that they canceled a classic car show there last year too, seems to me like they have an over protective groundsman.

Latest posts