• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Type 4 engines and spares for sale

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milky

Reaction score
Hi, Today i have just brought myself a Industrial type 4 1800cc engine[Ex Nato] and have loads of surplus spares to sell from this and my old engine.List is very long so will not include everything but there is
1.Set of Solex carbs, manifolds, airbox and linkage from the new industrail engine.These are virtually the same as standard type 4 carbs but do not have the awkward central idling circuit [big improvement].Only thing to change is the choke units and idle valves which are 24volt.These carbs have had very little use.The size are 36-40 PDSIT-L .I also have tag numbers if required .Price is £45 for the whole lot. SOLD
2.Lots of tinware .Please enquire
3.Used only for initial startup a 009 mechanical advance dizzy.Best for a type 1 engine part number is 0231178009.Price is £15 SOLD
4.All mechanical items from my old engine apart from pistons and barrels.Please enquire
5.Also another complete untouched short engine [1800].£30
6.Heat exchangers [Good ones] £45 each SOLD
7.All the 24 volt ignition system and alternator [Very cheap]£15 the lot SOLD
8.210mm flywheels £20
9.12v alternators £15
10.Fan housings £10 SOLD
11Thermostats [not too cheap though] £40 SOLD
12 Oil coolers £10 SOLD
13.Crankshafts
14.Camshaft , followers [all kept in order] and gearwheel.Only done 3,000 miles.£30 SOLD
15.Fuel pumps £20
16.Used Bay inertia seatbelts £5 for the pair.
17.1800cc heads £30 for the pair.
18.Rocker gear
19.rocker covers
20. Conrod sets
Just send PM or e-mail to [email protected] and i am sure i can help, can post no matter how large or small the item.I have lots of spares that are surplus

Thought i would just reheat this thread and let people know that i still have lots of bits available that are not all listed.I am also going to the swap meet in November if people would like to collect from there.

Hi, i'm after some type IV bits here's a list:

1.7L cylinders (no pistons needed)
1.7L heads ('Q' castings ideally, complete with rockers)
2L crankshaft

Or alternatively a 'W' code 1700 long block (complete engine minus all ancilliaries and tinware)

Let me know if you have any of these parts.

Cheers
Ben.

Bin jammin said:

2L crankshaft

Or alternatively a 'W' code 1700 long block (complete engine minus all ancilliaries and tinware)

Cheers
Ben.
Hi, most bits are now sold ! I do have a really good case that has been acid cleaned to check for cracks etc £35 , a good and polished 1700/1800 crank £20 , fans £5 , alternators £5 , pushrod tubes £5 the set , rocker gear £10 for a set , 210 flywheels £15 ,1700/1800 cod rods £10 .
Let me know if anything is of use to you ?

Any oildipstick?

DSC_0139.jpg

Milky said:
Bin jammin said:

2L crankshaft

Cheers
Ben.
Hi, most bits are now sold ! I do have a really good case that has been acid cleaned to check for cracks etc £35 , a good and polished 1700/1800 crank £20 , fans £5 , alternators £5 , pushrod tubes £5 the set , rocker gear £10 for a set , 210 flywheels £15 ,1700/1800 cod rods £10 .
Let me know if anything is of use to you ?
Milky
which rocker assemblies have you got, 1.7L 8mm adjusters or 2L 9mm?
Cheers
Ben.

Latest posts