• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Uber rare, T2 '69 on long stem rear view mirror, Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adz1911

Reaction score
PICT0147.jpg

'69 on but i have also read that Westfalia used to fit these to early busses because the long stem actually allowed you to have a clear view below the rear roof cupboard!

Good condition £45+post or can deliver to dubfreeze.

Adz

07966 303887

People will want to know that the rubber adjustable steady foot is still attached (often missing)....

also dont think thats a 68 the 68 had two screws 68> had the twist fit as did the westy long drop version your hinting at.

Araon said:
also dont think thats a 68 the 68 had two screws 68> had the twist fit as did the westy long drop version your hinting at.

Youre right, 70 on was the push/twist fit, and Westys didnt get cupboards in the back till then either ;)

Still a nice desireable item, any pics of the rear plastic showing condition would also be a bonus as they often go very brittle and powdery....

Correct, it is a 69 mirror, and they fitted a rear box type thing in the 69 model year too, later had a door fitted.
68 is the metal one and harder to find in good condition as is this one too.
I have a really nice one, a UK one so not dry/crusty, has the little buffer on the back and the plastic is nearly as good as the day it was made, and I will sell it, it's a detail thing.............

Ron

PICT0203.jpg

Sorry for the poor pic, my camera is playing up!

Rubber boot on back is missing, slight crumbling of plastic grain(15mmx5mm oblong) to the right of the ball joint in picture, hardly noticable.

Still in good nick, not perfect but not bad either..

Thanks for correcting me with the description too, i've learned something new! 8)

Adz