• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Uber Secure Pedal locks -

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just had a thought, would undoing the 13mm nut on either the brake or clutch pedal underneath beat this lock?? obviously you would need to know a bit about these vans to know thats how to remove the pedals, and obviously they are a great visual deterrent no matter what.

S.

Krim said:
just had a thought, would undoing the 13mm nut on either the brake or clutch pedal underneath beat this lock?? obviously you would need to know a bit about these vans to know thats how to remove the pedals, and obviously they are a great visual deterrent no matter what.

S.

If someone wants your bus they will find a way to take it regardless of what security measures you have in place.

udy8u8yj.jpg

my4ady6u.jpg

Had to adapt mine to fit over the steering column

--------------------------------------
Why didn't I buy my bus years ago !?

Can anyone else remove their bars without needing to undo the padlock? all this time i thought it was because i had too small a padlock, but i have a new one and the shank is as tight as it will be, but i can still get this device off with the padlock in place?

Analog said:
Can anyone else remove their bars without needing to undo the padlock? all this time i thought it was because i had too small a padlock, but i have a new one and the shank is as tight as it will be, but i can still get this device off with the padlock in place?

I am not doubting your word, but I cannot see how this is possible if correctly fitted with a nice tight lock shank. :?:

Pics?

K

no pictures, will take some, but it does, as I've done it. the shank is tight in the hole (TWSS!) and i can roll the top bar up off of the pedals with a little force, and scraping on my steering column

Analog said:
no pictures, will take some, but it does, as I've done it. the shank is tight in the hole (TWSS!) and i can roll the top bar up off of the pedals with a little force, and scraping on my steering column

Oh buggers. I'll try this later today and hope not to get the same result. :shock:

I know that martin.sim had issues with the fitting too and he designed a neat loop to go around the column. Could be the same problem/solution. If Uber reads this, it could be the next variant (hint!!!). :D

K

KevH said:
Analog said:

Oh buggers. I'll try this later today and hope not to get the same result. :shock:

I know that martin.sim had issues with the fitting too and he designed a neat loop to go around the column. Could be the same problem/solution. If Uber reads this, it could be the next variant (hint!!!). :D

K

Hey Kev,

Have you tried it today, was thinking of ordering one too...

Latest posts