under bench seat heating

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillS

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
devon
M-codes
Would someone be able to post a picture of the setup under the rear seat please. I am particularly interested in the connecting pipe between the valve and the heat distribution fan shaped thing! Will post some pics of what I have asap

Some vans didn’t come with rear heating arrangements. Some were originally panel vans and had windows added by various conversions companies, Devon being one of them. In my van (ex panel) there are the two lumps of heater pipes on the floor abutment to the engine bay that were never cut into to form the vents. The heating system via the exhaust heat exchangers is fairly primitive and will just about warm the cab area if the heating is in prime condition, I doubt very much that it would do very much for the rest of the van as it’s way too big an area to heat. If you need to warm the rear, the diesel heaters seem to be the article of choice nowadays. I may have a pair of those rear seat vents with their little on off levers if you need some of them. Or are you referring to the feed for these heater vents? Or the connections to the exchangers?

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, Aftermarket exchangers are exceptionally worse too :)