Understanding ET BRMs on a Bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Bean

Reaction score
Hi, can any of you guys help me out? Bought a set of BRMs off a guy who had them on a T25 wanting to fit them on my 1970 T2 they have 195/65/15 on at the moment when I dropped it off the jack the tyre fouls on the wheel arch someone said the et is wrong shows 6 on back of wheel. If I put 185/65/15 and they clear the arch is it ok to run don't really understand et

I run BRM's on my Bay and yes the ET is turd!

175/50 on front and 185/65 on back. I had to do some light 'relieving' with a hammer on the rear inner arches...

Cheers,
Jim

ive got empi 5s with an ET12 and had to fit 175s to clear arches. And now it is about 3mm off the rear arch

Thanks all really like the look of the BRMs so it looks like I'm in the market for some 185s and maybe get the hammer out!!!

We had the same problem. You can in theory get the wheels machined. Steve at gassure has a contact for doing this if your in the north west

I ran brms on a crossover had 185/65 on the back and 175/55 on the front with no issues the et was 12 on mine and we're bought from midland wheels
Think the ET the higher the number the further in they sit eg 6 will stick out more than say 12, think that's how it works anyway

Thanks once again guys, think I've got a better understanding of ET now am going to get some old 185s and do a trial fit then buy some decent ones, will let you know how I get on.

Save me setting up another thread can anyone tell me what load rating I need on the tyres for the crew cab, sorry really thick when it comes to tyres and wheels thanks again for all the help

http://www.kwik-fit.com/writing-on-my-tyres.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and try this one for actual rating

http://thelatebay.com/index.php?threads/commercial-tyres-weight-debate-my-experience-so-far.29567/page-2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There's alot of different opinions on tyres, the choice is yours.

Neilswheels thanks for them two threads really helpful have found a web site tyre leader. But going to speak to the guy who does my MOT tomorrow see what he can come up with thanks once again.

Latest posts