vanjamboree

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
strongy said:
was you after some fine china 67westy ?

shall we tell him its next weekend ?

Oh cock :lol: That could of been a wasted trip although the Mrs does like china :D Cheers fella, in that case I may pop up a week on sunday as we're in London on the saturday :)

will be there on Sunday...praying for some sun!

Well I made my way dowm to Lincoln showgrounds today to get my fix. This was my 1st UK show and to be quite honest it was a little dissapointing. Weather was shite which didn't help the organisers cause but it was lacking everything VW. Plenty of trade stalls selling anything but VW parts. You had better chances of buying a bong or some erotic lingerie than a door handle. None of the big boys were there representing. No forums groups or VW groups had any stands. No cars on display and no show and shine. This was a big upset for me. That's a big reason we go to these shows to see peoples rides on display and talk crap about them. Less than ordinary entertainment. And generally no VW vibe. Basically it was one big open campground with a few kids rides, a couple of dozen stores selling crap and some food vans. Not a VW show. I don't mean to offend the organisers, I'm just offering some constructive criticism. From the reports that I gathered, it is growing every year but still a long way off in my opinion. :(

We were thinking of heading down today but have had similar thoughts as you about previous years. So you just saved me 20 quid, thanks :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I think the weather is a big factor in this show. I went a couple of years ago when it was at Newark and the weather was scorching hot and it was a brilliant show. However I went last year when it was at Lincoln and the weather was crap. I was only there about half an hour, then gave up and came home as there was hardly anyone there. Think i'm going to give it a miss today. Got too much to do at home. Save my pennies for Stanford Hall.

ive been there all weekend and have had a cracking time BUT your right theres not much there.i supose it takes time to get the big boys interested in the small shows.its local so i will go next year i just dont expect much.

camping area was nicer this year and the loos were spot on.

I went yesterday and the weather was bloody freezing!!!!! :x

I was very disappointed with the show in general, plenty of stalls seeling crap, very few selling VW spares etc....... and very little atmosphere......

There were only a few VW rides worth looking at and talking about!!!!!

:(
Ash

I guess it's different if you are there for the weekend with a few mates and some beers. I would have been going for the day to hopefully look at a few nice vans and buy some parts. The last couple of years we were in and out within about half an hour or less so for us the value for a tenner each was low which is why we weren't sure about this year. Obviously can't comment on this year as we didn't go but it sounds similar.

It's a shame as I want to support the local shows but at the same time I don't want to walk away feeling like I wasted my time and money. Hopefully it'll stick around and grow into something great..........

I went to All Types in North Wales instead; weather was pretty good and there were some nice buses on show although this show too felt a bit lacking in atmosphere and the relatively few traders present were mostly tat if I am honest. The show'n'shine appeared a little bit chaotic but I have to say that the early bays on display looked bloody lovely.

£7.50 for a day visitor? Just about OK, but I'll think twice next year.

i will feedback to the organisers all that u guys have mentioned it all helps towards a better show,but on the subject of traders the big boys have no interest in the smaller shows as u guys will still buy their stuff online saving them the hassle of trading . ;)

I'd suggest you encourage more auto jumble instead then!

You have the space so why not drop the price for a pitch or offer cheaper pitches away from the main trade area?

aspro said:
Well I made my way dowm to Lincoln showgrounds today to get my fix. This was my 1st UK show and to be quite honest it was a little dissapointing. Weather was shite which didn't help the organisers cause but it was lacking everything VW. Plenty of trade stalls selling anything but VW parts. You had better chances of buying a bong or some erotic lingerie than a door handle. None of the big boys were there representing. No forums groups or VW groups had any stands. No cars on display and no show and shine. This was a big upset for me. That's a big reason we go to these shows to see peoples rides on display and talk crap about them. Less than ordinary entertainment. And generally no VW vibe. Basically it was one big open campground with a few kids rides, a couple of dozen stores selling crap and some food vans. Not a VW show. I don't mean to offend the organisers, I'm just offering some constructive criticism. From the reports that I gathered, it is growing every year but still a long way off in my opinion. :(

Hi Mate
Thanks for your feadback its all noted ... although we cant force traders to attend the Vanjamboree we do try, we've contacted all the so called "BIG BOYS" they're not interested unless you've been going for 10 years, VolksHaven attended and They had a great show and sold loads...
if youve noticed most of the shows throughout the year dont have any off the big names in the VW trade attend,,, maybe all the show goers that want theses companies to attend should contact them direct and tell them that your not happy they dont attend the smaller shows'''
Im a little confused about your comment on lacking everything VW ? we had VW Campers of all models' VW Beetles of all discriptions, and numerus other types and models, Oh and the VW enthusiast that drive them aswell as some VW trade stalls '''
If you would have come over on Sunday you would have seen well over 30 show n shine cars in the main area.
As for the comment on a big open campground with a few Kids rides, Full size fair ground rides, over 80 trade stalls, FREE Childrens entertainment , huge inside area full of things to do.. and much more'
We had loads of great feadback on our facebook page... check it out here http://www.facebook.com/vanjamboree?ref=tn_tnmn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cheers Pete

gvee said:

You have the space so why not drop the price for a pitch or offer cheaper pitches away from the main trade area?

Hi Dude
The price of a autojumble plot is the same as 2 weekend tickets and if we made it any cheaper than that we would have a campsite full of small autojumble plots and that just would'nt work.
although we did have around 9 auto jumble traders .

cheers
Pete

eastcoastslammer said:
gvee said:

Hi Dude
The price of a autojumble plot is the same as 2 weekend tickets and if we made it any cheaper than that we would have a campsite full of small autojumble plots and that just would'nt work.
although we did have around 9 auto jumble traders .

cheers
Pete

that sound like my idea of the perfect show :mrgreen:

Latest posts