• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Very Nice 1971 Riviera Pop-Top Camper in CA - PRICE DROP!!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have a 1971 Volkswagen Bus with an ASI Riviera camper conversion for sale. The bus looks and drives great. The 1971 model year is one of the best for bay window buses as it retains the simple and dependable upright Type 1 1600cc engine, but also has upgraded front power disk brakes. It is also the last year of the early body style with low front turn signals, small glass rear lights, and the better-looking rounded bumpers. This bus was originally purchased in Seattle, Washington and includes the original dealer packet. It moved to the California Central Valley early in its life and wears original California blue license plates. As such is a very dry example of an early bay window bus. Overall this is a very complete, solid, good-looking bus. It does need a few things here and there, but it is ready to drive as-is. Asking price is NOW ONLY $7000 USD. Think of it as an investment in German steel as these are increasing in value every year. Let me know if you have any questions or would like any more information. I am happy to help with arranging shipping and transportation to the port. Shipping to the UK is only $1200-1300 USD with West Coast Shipping. Additional photos can be seen here: http://s425.photobucket.com/user/volksinthevalley/library/71%20Riviera" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Drivetrain:
[*]Type 1 1600cc engine, single solex carb - runs well; just completed a 100 mile trip on the highway and it cruised at 60-65 with no problems (I never drive my VW’s faster than this)
[*]4 speed transmission - shifts though all gears great,
[*]Firestone whitewall tires
[*]Power disc front brakes (first year offered) and rear drum brakes

Camper kit/Interior:
[*]Original camper converted by ASI (Automotive Services Inc.) in Vancouver, Washington and distributed by Riviera Motors based out of Beaverton, Oregon.
[*}I have a Norcold two-way fridge which I will include if the buyer wants
[*]Full pop top with brand new tent material – roof extends straight up, rather than angled up like a Westfalia, providing more standing and sleeping space
[*]Rear bench folds down into full-width bed – seats 3 when folded up
[*]Upper bed folds out for another full width bed
[*]Child’s cot and brackets for over the front seats
[*]Sliding side windows with screens
[*]Power hookups with two interior outlets
[*]Wood (laminate) flooring – looks good and easy to keep clean
[*]Custom curtains
[*]Upgraded retractable seatbelts
[*]Reupholstered front and rear seats in good condition
[*]New headliner
[*]Nice interior panels
[*]Ash tray cup older upgrade

Body:
[*]Walk-through model
[*]Recent two-tone mint over white paint (cost $2800!), nor perfect, but looks really good
[*]Wheels were also painted white at the same time, including the nose-mounted spare
[*]Straight body, 99% rust free – rockers, doglegs, nose, wheel wells, undercarriage, body panels, battery trays – all solid
[*]Bumpers are straight, with only a few dents
[*]Rear apron is dented and missing engine lid latch – not really visible since it is behind the bumper
[*]Some minor rust in front floors (easily patched)
[*]One rust bubble around windshield

Stereo/Electrical:
[*]Kenwood KDC-X895 head unit with detachable faceplate, remote control, auxiliary input, USB, iPod/iPhone cable, and Bluetooth
[*]JL Audio JX 360/4 amplifier
[*]JL Audio subwoofer
[*]JL Audio speakers in bulkhead and front door panels (x4)
[*]Lights and turn signals work (some of the side markers need new bulbs)
[*]Original horn does not work, but another horn button has been added to the dash that works just fine
[*]Original cigarette lighter (12v power) – a rare dealer accessory item
[*]VDO tachometer (not connected)
[*]Rear defrost

Photos:

I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts