VW Evolution & Monkey Motors

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnt1975

Reaction score
Has anyone any experiences with VW Evolution in Wiltshire or Monkey Motors in Weymouth that you are willing to share?
Can't find any reference to them on the forum.

Hi,
I have limited exposure to VW Evolution but..

I personally would give them a wide birth, not an easy guy to deal with. The words "chip" and "shoulder" spring to mind. I have no idea what his work is like, so can't comment. He seemed uninterested in helping or giving me advice, (I live local). Came across as sirly as if I was doing him a favour! If you going to throw good money someones way, the least they can do is to be polite and show a degree of interest. He needs to look up the expression "customer service" in a business dictionary.

He put me off so I am heading up north to Midland Paintwerks - they are having my £6K.

LV

I have had dealings with VW Evolution and personally I would stay well clear. I won't go into the details but customer service is very much lacking. However, I can certainly recommend Rocket Ron at VW Endangered Species near Trowbridge, Wilts. Honest guy and quality work so you can't go wrong there.

Hope that helps.

My friend from school days runs Monkey motors, he is a good bloke and seems to get nice, honest vans from South Africa. I looked at a couple of his before i got mine but they are expensive. He has been doing it now for probably 10-12 years. He is outta the country a lot and think he leaves the vans with VW evolution to sell for him when he isnt about. Might be worth a look if you got pockets deep enough as they are usually pretty solid but would say speak to Dan himself. Think he is in Dubai at the mo going from Facebook.
Cant help with VW evolution though as never had anything to do with them.

i got my bus from monkey motors.

it broke down on the way home.

Dan (monkey motors) offered to collect me of pay half of the recovery fee. he also payed for a new carb as that was fucked. which was very good of him as it was sold as seen.

seem honest enough, the van was as described. although the bottom end has gone and must have been well knackered when i bought the bus.

Latest posts