vwsweetcorn the new peppercorn

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very sadly slumming it in the Premier Inn a few miles up the road (free nights due to staying in the same Inn for the last 3 years for work)

Van is still not finished - got it on its side at the moment and getting well stuck in - needs to be finished by 3rd May next year as it will be my wedding transport!

I'll give you a bell soon

Cheers

Andy

I'm aiming to go to this, arrive early on the Saturday , will be bringing my daughter for her first ever camping experience ( maybe her last :lol: ) . Looking forward to it, looks like lots on , hope thers plenty of VW stalls to temp me ( overriders, madmatz etc etc)

Cheers
Simon

Hoping to go on Sunday as down the roadish from me. Used up all my brownie points on Bug Jam and Kent Festival and still to do, VW Action.
Hope to bump into a few more EBs

Be there Saturday for the night, Sunday looking forward too it ..

Thanks for starting the thread, may pop over on sat with the wife, 4 year old and, by then, 3 week old. Shame I've left it so long to introduce her to the VW scene really...;)

loads camping but sadly only a couple of sellers with bay stuff the rest was new age hippy crap :lol:

All in all a great weekend, not Peppercorn but as they said 'spirit of...'.

On the plus side loads of space, bogs clean, bands great, superb farm shop opposite, newspaper shop a mile bike ride away. We got into club camping but the normal camping looked a bit regimented, not pick your spot as before (shame!).

The stalls were a bit light but more there on Sunday. Hopefully the show will grow but keep the vibe.

Overall a big well done and thank you!

Made a dash to Sweetcorn in the buggy on sunday....
£5 entry ---good
Liked the food area, had a full english & a damn fine coffee.
Autojumble was ok with plenty of bay bits, didn't find a beetle throttle pedal to replace the
the one that broke off in the buggy as I turned off the M25.
(saw a Rhd early slider with all the internals/no glass been repaired on bottom edge looking
pretty good for £225)
The "Aircooled" display area nicely laid out (sick of seeing lines of fekking T5's)
Bumped into all the usual suspects for a chin-wag
Would have liked to have seen Mega Bug trading as I had the list of service bits that I always buy when I see them at a show (& they would have had the throttle pedal)
If its on next year I'll be there with the camper for the weekend
:) :) :)

My daughter and I enjoyed it, I was a bit surprised there was no beer tent or Bar and some of the food traders said they were'nt doing as much business as usual, possibly as the beer tent tends to encourage a bit of secondary custom ;) . Less traders I think than Alive n Vdubbin ( the only other show I've been to ) so would agree itd be nice to see more. Managed to get a plstic door escuheon for £2 (probably wrong one but it fits - ish so looks better :p ) . I looked for your bus Mike but didnt see it, but we were in the genral camoing I think, basically the rows behiond the music tent / food court area.

Looking forward to Skeg Vegas now, gonna make a better effort to hunt down some early bayers to say hi rather than just monging out in my chair eating endless bags of crisps and chocolate :oops: )

Shame we didn't get to say hi, we were the club area right by the entrance.

I heard the same thing from the food people but said I didn't know what'd be there so had brought food. Another time people may well plan to eat at the food outlets.

Latest posts