• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

wanted deluxe belt trim

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanxs shame its not a full set,oh i wasent far of with my spelling :lol:

heratage defo do them and ive seen someone else sells them aswell,cant remember where tho

Hi there, I've a complete set which was promissed to a guy on the JK forum a couple of months back. He needed to wait until pay day to get the cash but never got back to me. They're in decent shape, the odd scratch and little dint, but nothing too bad. Also got 40 or so of the fixing clips - not sure how many are required. VW heritage sell them for 0.75p each, they also sell the new sets of trim in answer to Dal's question. Will post some photos if needed. £125 (incl postage) seems to be the going rate. Let me know what you think. Tim

The repro ones are ok but there is a slight problem with the rear corners. When VW made the originals they were handed left and right because the profile not only bends around the corner horizontally but the curve falls away vetically. This means that the repro ones that are supplied now end up with a gap behind them when you try to put them on as they don't have this differing shape and are both the same. Originals are different profiles depending on the which corner they go on. Hopefully the manufacturers are doing something about this but it's a bit late if you've shelled out like i did :roll: I'm not the only one to have this problem either so go OG if you can to ensure the best fit possible :D

thanxs ,il bear that in mind ,its alot of monney to pay out if there not perfect

I need one corner piece to finish my set. As they are sided im still unsure which one i need, i guess they lean into the rear corners if you get my meaning. Anyway if anyone can point me in the right dirrection for a pair of corners that would be good. Need to sort this soon as ive got all the rest waiting to fit and im all revved up to do it and want to get it on before i lose my bottle for drilling 40-60 holes in my bus..................

strongy said:
whats the diference between the early and late trim?

Deluxe buses from 1968-1971 came with the trim, but people have modified later bays to also use the trim, though it would not be considered stock. But we don't like bays...haha.

Try and get og if you can and the right sides for your back corners, I was looking for a left side for ages and ended up buying a right convinced it was the same, its not, several hours of careful bending and shapping I managed to get it on but its not perfect. Repo deluxe stuff is too dear not to fit perfectly so check it carefully. Anyone got a left corner trim?

strongy said:
whats the diference between the early and late trim?

The early trim has slash cut trim in front of the mirror, and the later stuff is pointed. On even later vans its different again and the trim is fitted lower down between the swage line and the bottom of the bus.

With the slash cut and pointed stuff its only the front pieces that differ, all the other bits are the same. 13 pieces needed in total.

thanx all ive got some on the way ,cost me £69 inc postage :D from Phyllis in the states,

Latest posts