• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WANTED Early Bay up to £9000.please. Still searching!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darren4179

Reaction score
Please forward me details of any bays available.
We are looking for our first and all will be considered.
Many thanks.

Darren

Update
Still searching hard but we are now clear that we want a camping interior although not worried whether its pop top or not.

Can someone give me some clues where to search lol think ive looked at all sites but you may know of more.
Thanks
Darren

Hi & welcome to the forum

It might help if you let people know what you are looking for as there are so many variations,

Pop Top or Tin Top
If Pop Top particular make/model ?(Westfalia/Dormobile/Danbury/Devon etc)
If Tin Top, camper or microbus or a combination of both?

Are you prepared to do work or do you want a bus you can drive away straight away and use?

It also makes a difference to your budget, a good Westy is likely to be over £9K whereas for £9K you can get a great Deluxe Microbus/Camper.

Sorry if this comes across a bit negative its not meant to be its just the choice is endless and it helps to narrow down what you are looking for, for some help and inspiration have a look in the gallery section or the history section here http://forum.earlybay.com/viewforum.php?f=17" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good Luck

Hi we are preferably after a camper.
we are really unsure what model pop top or not :) would not mind a project that is usable.
We are not worried if its lhd or rhd.
Sorry if this is still vague but we are new to this scene.
Perhaps we should do some more homework :lol:

Hope this helps a bit.
Thanks.

as graham says you need to consider all the options, do you have little ones as this makes a difference also.

There are a number of importers that supply good solid buses, graham being one of them, also fbi, scott wilson (on here), may be worth picking up a volksworld or camper & bus

darren4179 said:
Hi we are preferably after a camper.
we are really unsure what model pop top or not :) would not mind a project that is usable.
We are not worried if its lhd or rhd.
Sorry if this is still vague but we are new to this scene.
Perhaps we should do some more homework :lol:

Hope this helps a bit.
Thanks.

Good Luck & keep us posted :D

G.

Look here fella , plenty to be had , don"t be put off by importing , its a piece of piss ;)

some updated pics with new Poptop seal fitted

£7500 for a 1971 westy
lowered on Corba slots
1641 engine
new front screen and seal
new poptop canvas #
new poptop bunk canvas
new kids bunk Canvas for the front
full westy interior
front Seats been Retrimed in black white pipein
front door cards done too

drives lovely ,,,, here,s a few pics you will have Money left to put ur own Mark on her

dave 07817971589

003-1.jpg

002-2.jpg

012-2.jpg

004-5.jpg

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25537" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

look here mate cheers

Hi m8 I've got a nice 1968 green & cream bay For Sale its an awesome van never lets me down,I've just ran it to Cornwall for my hols from the midlands & run it weekly to work! Its a microbus & its 95% original & running strong on its original lump! It us on here & listed for 10,500 but I am open to offers! Take a look & let me know what you think

Cheers
Matt

Hi dude, got this if you're interested?

Open to decent offers.

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25934" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hi

I have the following which I am thinking of selling (Family hate camping!)

1970 rhd Devon
1641 Strong Motor
Electronic Ignition
Deep Sump
Retrimmed 1924 Porsche Front seats and New Cushions in Back
Years MOT (from Today)
Respray 2 years ago (Unusual Colour)
Pop Top
New Curtains
No rot (Small hole under Battery tray and on N/s fron Arch)

Also include Roof Rack (Stainless) and Just Camper Drive Away Awning

PM if interested

(It will not let me upload photos for some reason?)

Paul

Hello my friend, I have just joined earlybay and saw your post, please see below, you may be interested. This is not on early bay yet but have just put it on gumtree and pistonheads. Exact add below:

VW tax exempt one of a kind early bay tin top and is lowered, two double backseats which turn into a double bed, leather front seats and the feature that separates this van from any other is the custom side windows.From the side and back it looks like a split screen.There is a few imperfections, other than a few bubbles appearing the van jumps out of first gear which adds great character and MOT has just expired due to lack of use.This has been the pride and joy for my wife and I and are both truly sorry for this sale. Since having our second child, two years ago,we have used only twice. I have kept the van in my garage and on a bty charger.Starts first time and has never broke down on us.We have over £10,000 of receipts and before and after photo's of the work we've had done. Service history&fairly new tyres. Happy to give more info and answer q's. 07988709995 (I do answer messages)

Sounds a bit like an S.A. import

maslin said:
Hello my friend, I have just joined earlybay and saw your post, please see below, you may be interested. This is not on early bay yet but have just put it on gumtree and pistonheads. Exact add below:

VW tax exempt one of a kind early bay tin top and is lowered, two double backseats which turn into a double bed, leather front seats and the feature that separates this van from any other is the custom side windows.From the side and back it looks like a split screen.There is a few imperfections, other than a few bubbles appearing the van jumps out of first gear which adds great character and MOT has just expired due to lack of use.This has been the pride and joy for my wife and I and are both truly sorry for this sale. Since having our second child, two years ago,we have used only twice. I have kept the van in my garage and on a bty charger.Starts first time and has never broke down on us.We have over £10,000 of receipts and before and after photo's of the work we've had done. Service history&fairly new tyres. Happy to give more info and answer q's. 07988709995 (I do answer messages)

Is it fleetlines or something they call them ? If it is then should be right hand drive. There was an article in one of the vw mags about these and quite recently too.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, Keep searching peeps,, all part of the fun :lol: 8) :lol:

I'm selling my 1970 california import, in mostly original paint with an imaculate, very practical devon camping interior. I have included a few pic but I have done some significant work since the photos were taken including.

Red 9 wishbone suspension incorporating rack and pinion steering and disc brakes, altenator conversion with split charge leisure battery and electric hook up, firetec automatic extiguisher fitted in the engine bay.
The camping interior consists of double rock and roll bed, side cabinet with cooker and storage, rear side storage cupboard and overhead locker. Two wardrobe/storage cupboards and two buddy seats, and a childs hammock in the cab. I have fitted all new TMI doorcards, panels and front seat covers. Looking for £10K but its a sorted, practical camper with the ultimate handling upgrade and body work which is solid as a rock. PM me if your interested.

DSCF0510.jpg

at a friends wedding

DSCF0506.jpg

SDC12200.jpg

SDC12404.jpg

Camping earlier this year

SDC12205.jpg

SDC12213.jpg

SDC12209.jpg

SDC12213.jpg

Latest posts