• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted Early Bay Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flanners

Reaction score
Hi, new to the forum, just wondered if anyone knows of a really nice , straight, early bay Westy for sale, prefer original spec with maybe some tasteful mods, lowered is fine too. Should be at Stanford this weekend for a good mooch.

Ta !

Welcome to earlybay :)

Without wishing to sound rude - have you actually looked in the for sale section?
I'm struggling to find a van in there that isnt an early westy ;)
From cheap projects through rare RHD to ib-buses mint looking import.

What sort of money are you looking to spend?

Welcome Flanners, good hunting, and have to agree with the above there are some real bargain projects to well sorted clean busses, ID's is very nice indeed......

Pop along to the earlybay display at Stanford and announce yourself, all are welcome and very chatty......

Welcome Flanners,

what sort of price do you have in mind, my 70 westy is coming up for sale within a few weeks see here for my resto thread.

.My 70 westy now home

or call me on number below

Jon :D

Thanks for the welcome :D

Jon I have left you a message. Ta

Loxy said:
Welcome to earlybay :)

Without wishing to sound rude - have you actually looked in the for sale section?
I'm struggling to find a van in there that isnt an early westy ;)

Sorry, my post probably wasn't too specific and I am new to this (so it's gonna be a steep learning curve :oops: ), I forgot to say I'm definately not looking for a project, and that I do want a pop top, that narrows it down a little .
Most the ones that have caught my eye recently have been a good few hundred miles away (I'm near Manchester) and have gone pretty quick.Yes I'm very interested in ib-buses' Westy, that's exactly the kind of thing I'm after (Budget around £10K) and did contact him straight away so fingers crossed :) .

Wouldn't say no to this..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4FnMp0UCCI&feature=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ;)

Hey be open minded as far as travelin goes to get the bus of your dreams ;) My ova half and I did a round trip of 17 hours to get our Gerty, 6 hours on the back of his moterbike, 8 hours driving the bus home and the rest of the time in service stations rubbing me bum (through numbness!!) it'll all be worth it in the end thats for sure. :D

I keep thinking about selling my bus, then changing my mind again. I am still in the process of doing the final bit's & bobs to it, but is more or less ready to go. I used it for Big Bang last week, 100 miles each way. Apart from an annoying oil leak it is spot on.

It's a '69 Westy from Arizona, just had a full repaint, roof canvas was replaced in USA. Been garaged for last 2 years, done under 300 miles. All undersealed now. New rubbers all round, new cab carpets & under seat mats, new front seat belts, lowered, 4" narrowed beam, new track rods, just done new idler pin, did a gearbox swap a week ago, has full leather seats & new rock n roll bed, new Smev hob & sink, used once at big bang, grille is unused. Brand new cupboard units, new buddy seat with hidden 15" sub, sound system is awesome! Split charge system, 12v new power sockets from a Bentley, New Propex heater, new big gas bottle will last you all year, large water containers with electric pump tap. stock 1600cc motor for now, detailed & painted.

DSC00802.jpg

DSC00801.jpg

DSC00804.jpg

DSC00748.jpg

DSC00805.jpg

DSC00753.jpg

DSC00740.jpg

DSC00741.jpg

I am not fussed if I sell this or not, I am just about to drop off a T25 gearbox to be built for it, then will fit my 2007cc engine. It can be used as it is, but I was going to clean up, paint, sand or replace the original wood headlining & make some nice curtains. I have brand new Thermo mats to use for now. That's pretty much all it will need. There is a cab bunk that goes in the front & I have the fold out bunk which is removed & needs retrimming.

Price wise it is £13,000 as it is. I will be at Standford Hall tomo, not in the Bay, but T4 as I am taking these gearboxes up to Birmingham today. Feel free to call & have a chat if you think it's what you want. 07970 540757.

Latest posts