• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

wanted: poles for a devon torvette 1969 original awning

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

higgins

Reaction score
I have a 1969 original Devon Torvette withe the awning rail on the roof. I have the original canvas awning but missing the poles, can anyone help?

Hi, I have awning poles and infact original awning do you have any pics or info on the one you have?

Hi,
don't know what the awning called but it not the drive away type and it got no doors as such!
just comes down the side with open front, but it is original and came with the van.
I don't mind coming to look at what you have, if you don't mind?
Adi

No its not a drive away type its from what I can gather an original that was with my bus, poles in a seperate bag, awning is orange ish colour if I remember correctly im based in norfolk dont know how far away you are?

Not wishing to hijack this but I need a canvas for this if it is a day awning - the one with two poles at the front and a raised section in the roof. So if the OP only needs the poles, I would be interested in the canvas. This could work out nicely ;)
Cheers
Brian

Message "Rupert the bay " on here?
Or Steve Maddison in real life, he an awningology expert!!!!! :lol:

Pretty sure you have a MOTENT day awning ..

Can`t seem to post a picture but it`s an elongated `A` frame across the front with 2 guy lines pulling the canopy taut. It attatches to the van with an awning rail fixed a few inches above the gutter , just above the side door
Very simple , very nice !
I sold mine about 10 years ago and regretted it ever since ...
As said above , take a look on AWNATHOLOGY - it`s top left fitted to a white Devon in the BAY WINDOW section.

Might work :-

http://www.dubenhams.com/uploads/1/4/2/0/14208483/1584723_orig.jpg?1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hi lastly yes that is the one I got. But require the poles?

Hi veedubd is this the type you have? If so i would like too buy the poles and bag please

Hi Brian, yep that would work:))

Thanks for all your advice and help!

Veedubd,
If it is the correct one? I Would be happy to discuss price etc? For ease of comms here is my tel number 07403 212604

Thanks Adi

Hi, no its not a Motent ive just had a look at the awning canvas and has some wear to the lower waterproof section in the form of a frayed stitching, its blue and orange and has Harrison Awning of Bristol badge attached, needs a freshen up as been in storage and a bit foisty, the poles from what I can gather are pretty similar to the style of the Motent not sure if they are capatable but same shape and design in principle.

Hi Brian,
Do you have the poles for the Motent type awning in the downloaded picture?
Adi

Does anyone have the poles? :)

The canvas awning I got has never been used so it is like new, it would be a shame to ditch it!

higgins said:
Does anyone have the poles? :)

The canvas awning I got has never been used so it is like new, it would be a shame to ditch it!

Don't do that! There is a firm that will make you a set of poles. I'll try to find their contact details and pm you.

I really hope you`ve managed to sort this out ??
Did you manage to source any poles ??
:?

Latest posts