• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted rear Backing Plates !!!!!!!!!!!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wookie

Reaction score
O.K Guys I thought this would be simple but now I realize it isn't. (massive understatement) :shock:

The rear backing plates on my 69 are toast. Both have a big hole in them and on the drivers side one the bit where the handbrake cable goes through is missing ( because I cut it out to free off the handbrake cable which was rusted into it!). Now I need new second hand backing plates. I've tried all the major aircooled scrapyards and to no avail, nobody has any!

Does anyone have any? I have cash waiting and I'm happy to collect if needs be.

BTW I'm in Lancashire.

Please can someone save the day?

I might have - can you post up some pictures of the ones you have so I can compare them with the ones that I have.

Cheers

Try Spike at house of dub, last time I wa there he had some used ones. Alternatively the later ones from heritage etc will fit but you need to swap your old adjuster bodies over (weld), they do overlap the drum edge slightly though as they're a bit bigger.

Latest posts