• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WANTED: Westy 8-9K

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NaFe have you seen this one on here?

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19032" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

£7995 landed.

Even as a happy Danbury owner and 'devotee' I keep being drawn to this one, as it is an 'early' crossover, with the slightly different engine lid that the first crossovers had, and it has a the 1700 Type 4 engine (should be worth more than a standard 1600 if you are planning to eventually swap it for your own engine). :D

Seems lovely and straight, with paintwork just needing a good polish.

Doug

I would just like to correct vanagonman about import and duty.

what you are suggesting is illegal and you forgot to mention that any vehicle imported from the US to the UK which was owned for more than 6 months in the US must remain in the possession of the US owner for more than a year after it lands in the UK to avoid any import duty. You may be able to get cheaper importation fees but if someone does business with you they would need to be willing to wait more than 12 months after the van has landed in the UK and parting with their cash before receiving their van. Thats on top of a 6 week import time and probably longer clearing customs US and UK plus finding and transporting the van to texas. I think you would have a hard time finding anyone willing to wait that long.

Please be very careful about what you post regarding importation of vehicles. There are alot of inexperienced potential buyers who may take what you say as fact which in this case is not.

sorry for the thread hijack nafe please get back to business.

Attn: Johnny

What I said is not illegal, as I bought my Splitty whilst I lived in the USA. Please reread what I wrote, although I can understand why you would come to that conclusion.

I'm not doing any "business" - I'm not in the business of importing or exporting. Just sharing my experiences and elaborating why I didn't need to pay duty to Graham.

Hope that clears the misunderstanding, and FYI - I have been PMing Nafe offline looking for a suitable Bus for him. My offer is to help those who want to buy from America and are not familiar with what to do. Once again, there is no charge for my assistance.

Attn: Everyone else

So, to reiterate...he's looking for a mint 72 with OG paint and it must be a poptop Westy. We have found several but none that totally match what he is looking for as he is particular to the exact spec of what he needs.

vanagonman said:
Attn: Johnny

What I said is not illegal, as I bought my Splitty whilst I lived in the USA. Please reread what I wrote, although I can understand why you would come to that conclusion.

I'm not doing any "business" - I'm not in the business of importing or exporting. Just sharing my experiences and elaborating why I didn't need to pay duty to Graham.

Hope that clears the misunderstanding, and FYI - I have been PMing Nafe offline looking for a suitable Bus for him. My offer is to help those who want to buy from America and are not familiar with what to do. Once again, there is no charge for my assistance.

So, to reiterate...he's looking for a mint 72 with OG paint and it must be a poptop Westy. We have found several but none that totally match what he is looking for as he is particular to the exact spec of what he needs.

I and three other mods read that you were inferring you could get a bus in on the cheap for someone else by avoidance of duty and import taxes. thats just not possible.

of course you can get a bus on the cheap for yourself but your post is misleading that it can be done for anyone which it obviously cant.

im sure nafe appreciates your digilent work though in the search for his bus lets get the thread back on topic.

Johnny said:
I and three other mods read that you were inferring you could get a bus in on the cheap for someone else by avoidance of duty and import taxes. thats just not possible.

of course you can get a bus on the cheap for yourself but your post is misleading that it can be done for anyone which it obviously cant.

im sure nafe appreciates your digilent work though in the search for his bus lets get the thread back on topic.

Uhm, no... I would refer you to reread what I wrote but you *erased it* off this thread. Can't explain and elaborate on what's no longer there.

Listen, you guys are MODs so I'm not gonna win this one. But I do KNOW what I meant by WHAT I SAID. If you would like me to reiterate a point (i.e. So Mike, are you saying that you can avoid paying UK duty on other people's behalf??) then do so, without ASSUMING what I am saying in the future. Grahame asked why I do not have to pay UK duty and I explained why. Nothing dodgy about that. You gave me no chance to elaborate when you erased my posts.

Sorry, to post this on your thread Nefe, but at least you realize my true intentions. I will still help you locate a Westy whether mods decide to ban me or not. You have my number and my word.

Uhm, no... I would refer you to reread what I wrote but you *erased it* off this thread. Can't explain and elaborate on what's no longer there.

yes because it was illegal and misleading.

you seem to be in the habit of pissing people off since 2007 on this forum. i just wanted to know why you have started posting again? is it because you got banned from somewhere else? :roll:

Listen i'm an easy going guy as are the rest of the mods. you seem to be telling me i read it differently along with five other forum members who complained to us about it? :| .
tread carefully friend.

@ Nafe

if you want i can prune the thread or we can start a new one. sorry for any inconvienience.

Seen this one?

http://cgi.ebay.de/VW-T2-T2a-Westfalia-Camper_W0QQitemZ320453178879QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobile?hash=item4a9c7f75ff" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

vanagonman said:
Seen this one?

http://cgi.ebay.de/VW-T2-T2a-Westfalia-Camper_W0QQitemZ320453178879QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobile?hash=item4a9c7f75ff" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

vanagonman said:

So, to reiterate...he's looking for a mint 72 with OG paint and it must be a poptop Westy. We have found several but none that totally match what he is looking for as he is particular to the exact spec of what he needs

;)

vanagonman said:
I know, but he says he may settle for an earlier example 8)

He may indeed, but as most of his existing parts will fit a crossover he would prefer to get one, at least thats what he told me at work yesterday ;)

Hi,

I may be able to help.......I have a '72 Westy - 2 owners, not og paint but an old respray and is solid with nothing lurking or hidden........en route to the UK I also have another '72 Westy, straight, solid, OG paint etc....some later Westy's too but these are the crossovers...

pm me an email address if you need any pictures.

Cheers

Dan

Latest posts