Westfalia jalousie window inner seal

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dveedub

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was about to order a new seal kit for my westy louvre windows and noticed that there is an inner seal the sits in the interior side of the Windows. I never even noticed that seal before and even though it was a while back when I removed the windows from the bus I'm sure there were no inner seals fitted. I googled for images of westy jalousie windows and some are fitted with and some without.

I am curious why some people don't seem to fit them and wondered if anyone had any opinions on them? Are the easy to fit? Do they offer better insulation for the bus etc?

Any input would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Dave.

They were only fitted in 68 and 69 I think , they gave no practical use, just looks better.

I got them off an ebay seller called Notch1500

Agreed, they make bugger all insulation etc difference, but they do tidy the edges a bit.

Not perfect fit mind so bit glue required

creationblue said:
Clem said:
They were only fitted in 68 and 69 I think , they gave no practical use, just looks better.

I have an original set and that's debatable :lol:

They must have had a few left over for those late buses in 1970 ;) :lol:

Ok then,

Thanks all, from your comments I will take it that it would be better to fit the inner window seal then.

Any more comments welcome :)

Cheers,

Dave.

Clem said:
creationblue said:
Clem said:

I have an original set and that's debatable :lol:

They must have had a few left over for those late buses in 1970 ;) :lol:

Your correct about the dates, I was referring to your comment about them looking better :lol:

Latest posts