Westfalia louvre window refurbishment

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roughly how long did it take you to do one side?

Im guessing it would be quicker to do both at once?

StuF said:

I have done one of mine completely and the next one is part finished - under pressure to get it done now. You do learn from the first one and the second should be faster, although my second one has more corrosion and so has been a bit more time consuming than I'd expected. I've got a good technique for getting the glass / seals in the frames now as well, worked out on the first frame.

I would not advise doing both together simply because it's a huge undertaking to do it properly (there's a big difference between a bit shiny and polished) and having one assembled at all times means that you always have a reference as to how the parts fit together.

Where are you in Lincoln? I am at Upton, South of Gainsborough, and you're welcome to come and see the work in progress if you want.

StuF said:

I did it over 3 days (not solid) but did take few hours a day... I still havent started the second window :lol:

Another tip wear goggles putting seals round glass ,just a window pop in my face :( and lee c if you read this my luck is still the same :lol:

Got both seal kits for my westie windows delivered and waiting for me on my return - actually looking forward to getting it done now!

StuF said:
Got both seal kits for my westie windows delivered and waiting for me on my return - actually looking forward to getting it done now!
ive spent a long time polishing parts but to be fare i really cant see these seals fitting :shock: there just so tight ,ive had a look round and think they all come from the same supplier :?

Got both of mine from custom and commercial - hope they bloody fit :shock:

dub boy said:
StuF said:
ive spent a long time polishing parts but to be fare i really cant see these seals fitting :shock: there just so tight ,ive had a look round and think they all come from the same supplier :?
Which ones are you worried about? They do all fit OK.

Bwuttonmoon very nice work indeed. This goes for any of you that have tackled this restoration - if you had it to do all over, would you restore again or pay the $1200 asking for a new pair?

cheers

Latest posts