• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Westy 1969 Texas vehicle, MOTd, UK regd, PRICE DROP £ 9750

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shamilee

Reaction score
Really original early bay window Westfalia (Westy) campervan. All original SO-67 conversion, rock and roll bed, sink, cool box and storage units.

Originally from Texas, so really dry, but recently imported from Florida.
The only welding its had, is the cab floor, the rest is original and so solid, it is not an easy decision selling this! Chassis, sills, wheel arches, even the battery tray is original VW metal and rock solid.

The bus has been clear wax-oiled underneath, so nothing is hidden. The original chassis is sooo nice! What can be loosely described as paint has been wax protected as well, the rain beads up and just rolls off.
The 1600cc twin port engine has had a professional top-end rebuild with all tinware sandblasted and powder coated gloss black. Fully serviced, fitted with new gaskets and runs so sweetly and sounds great.
The entire braking system has been overhauled, new master cylinder, some new slave cylinders and shoes.
Lowered by a sensible amount, fits in the garage and rides really well (plus looks pretty cool, huh?)
Front seats have been rebuilt with new covers and padding and are comfy for longer trips.
There are some areas for improvement
- the plastic sink itself is missing but repros are available
- front panel and valance has obvious damage and rust, which gives the van so much character, but needs attention if you want the front to be pretty again. I was always going to keep it as-is.
- the window and door seals are original and dry due to the heat (which is always the case on dry state cars) so would benefit from being replaced.
- there are a few pin holes of rust on the panel aboove the engine, not terminal by any means, but again, I want to give all facts.

I drove the 300 mile round trip to the VW Big Bang show at Santa Pod with no dramas and would happily jump in this bus and drive anywhere.

This bus, affectionately know as "the patina monster" was not going to be sold, but my circumstances have changed and sadly she needs to find a new home, so please feel free to call or message with any questions. You are welcome to view, I am happy to drive it to work if daytime viewing is more convenient. Bus has 11 months MOT and is tax exempt, is on a classic car insurance which is pretty cheap.

To sum up - this is a remarkably original bus albeit tired, it can be appreciated, enjoyed and driven as is, or you can personalise it and invest in it to improve things both visually and financially, with the prices of buses seemingly constantly climbing, and summer hopefully around the corner, now is a great time to buy!

Car located in Norfolk, Winterton on sea, please either call me on 07973 955952, or message me.

Price - £9750 no offers, need to sell soon-ish....

Here is a link to album with loads of pics showing the bus in detail - http://s90.photobucket.com/user/shamilee2/1969%20bus/story

Pics -
SAM_2209.jpg

SAM_2195.jpg

SAM_2196.jpg

SAM_2207_1.jpg

SAM_2212.jpg

Latest posts