Westy interior panels

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jak

Reaction score
Hello

I know this question has probably been asked before and I have tried the search facility buuuuuut does anyone know if anybody sells the westy interior birch plywood panels ? preferably separately as i don't need a full set.

Thanks in advance :D

Jonathan.

Try Rackhams, they are producing them! I went to their place at Ipswich yesterday and saw some of their stuff - very impressed ;)
You can pm Andy on here as they are members of EB

simo

why don`t you make your own fella they`re dead easy to replicate and you need nothing more than a stanley knife if your no good with a jigsaw.....you can get 3mm birch ply from ipswich plastics round my gaffe or any builders merchant should be able to source some for you......3 coats of varnish and away ya go job done and a bloody sight cheaper than everyone else too
i do find it mental that folk are willing to pay stupid money for some shaped ply.....just my opinion

Whoa who said anything about handing over mad money, like the idea of maybe doing my own but I don't have any to use as templates :(

Sorry to barge in here but I have a relevant question. Folk talk about Birch ply and varnish being the ideal replacement but as far as I can tell from the interior of my Westy, there is some sort of whitish lacquer used over the wood as opposed to straight varnish. This has worn off in places to reveal the bare plywood. Can anyone cast any further light on this?

It all came off my 73. It was woodgrain effect painted on - the grain pattern underneath was completely different.

Cheers Zed. So, one question leads to another............

I presume it is this woodgrain effect that Rackhams replicate on their interior panels and that explains the extra cost over making them yourself?

I saw some bare birch ply interior panels fitted in a bus last week and they look nothing like the ones in my Westy. Nice, but not the same.

I assume people go for birch because it's just about the lightest colour wood available???
I don't think Rackhams will me printing a finish on them.

Latest posts