• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Westy pop-top wanted up to £12k ish

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nelif

Reaction score
Hi
Just sold SO42 splitty due to divorce and talking my half of the funds to hopefully buy me and my daughter an early bay Westy, must have pop-top.

Needs to be solid and mechanically sound, happy for some cosmetic tweeking but nothing serious.

I'd like to spend no more than about £12k, I know this is tight.

I'm in Northampton - I will be at Volksworld Saturday. I am ready to buy now don't want to miss the season.

Thanks
Helen

Nelif said:
Hi
Just sold SO42 splitty due to divorce and talking my half of the funds to hopefully buy me and my daughter an early bay Westy, must have pop-top.

Needs to be solid and mechanically sound, happy for some cosmetic tweeking but nothing serious.

I'd like to spend no more than about £12k, I know this is tight.

I'm in Northampton - I will be at Volksworld Saturday. I am ready to buy now don't want to miss the season.

Thanks
Helen

Helen, you interested in a 1972 Dormobile?

'Leela' is my almost completely original 1972 ‘crossover’ Dormobile which is road tax free and has the added benefit of an LPG conversion!
Bought her in 2010, I had various bodywork and other repairs done to pass the MOT. She is in great useable condition. If you send me your email address I can send you a timeline of everything done to the van since last owner bought her in 2005. (I can't do it here!). I was given all MOT's receipts etc from then which confirm it all.
My e-mail address is:garylynda83 AT gmail.com
A few minor jobs here and there are all that is needed and only an MOT & LPG test are required to get her on -the-road and rolling, which is still our plan to do this year. Family issues prevented us from using her last year. She is started up periodically even though currently SORN'ed.
We are not desperate to sell 'Leela' but it is highly unlikely we will not be using her for what she is built to do... go camping! We need more seats now so I am now considering changing to a Type 2 six/seven-seater Combi or 'bus' instead.
All the pics & misc. info have been put in my photobucket account - feel free to have a browse and see what you think of her!

A current agreed value (for insurance purposes) of £11000 was made by my insurers. I would consider an offer above that value.
Let me know if you interested or need more info.
Thanks for your interest.
Cheers
Gary

Latest posts