• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1969 US ORIGINAL PAINT WESTY SOLID AWESOME CONDITION £12k!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirksta01

Reaction score
Up for grabs is my 1969 vw westfalia early bay window camper

the van sports original paint in very good condition for its age. it has a few battle scars here and there but nothing bad at all.There is a patch the size of my hand in the cab floor but apart from that its just cosmetic scratches and dents ect. The door gaps are bang on probably better than most restored busses iv seen and looking down the side of the bus is super straight ,the battery trays are also bone dry.

the bus still has original belly pans on in solid condition and all arches ect are solid
super super dry and straight and totally original with everything there apart from a cupboard door under the rock and roll bed and the rear piece of head liner ply.

all original lights in amazing condition and working
all glass present with no cracks
louvered windows full and in perfect working order both sides
still all cab door trims in excellent condition
interior light working in good condition
all dash clocks present and in good working order
the breaks are excellent and in good condition
original cb door cards present and in good condition
original seats in ok condition there is a rip here and there but nothing major
original seat belts in great condition
original interior is in really good condition but the bed could do with a good clean to bring it back to life,the buddy eat also has some fabric missing off the top back rest but is in great condition,sink and fridge very clean but not plumbed in this would be a job for new owner,wardrobe is all present and in excellent condition.
cargo floor is solid and has had a new wooden laminate floor fitted as the old vinyl was looking worn but is still under new floor just incase new owner wants it back as it was.

table is present but not yet fitted as i am waiting on new door cards

the table on the sink/fridge unit is present and in working order

the pop top roof is in excellent condition but has been painted as it was quite dirty and didn’t look to pretty so that has been sanded,primed and re sprayed also the same goes for the roof rack also stripped painted and restored .the pop top bellows (material) is original and in very good condition and is solid and tight without any rips ect but does need a clean. the roof also has the original bunk bed fitted in the roof space and is still like new

wheels are original steels that have been stripped sanded and painted with original vw dome hub caps and good tyres all round. there is a spare wheel which will have the same treatment and mounted on the front once i have the bracket for the nose of the van

original 1600 engine runs great

this bus is super solid through out and super straight and really has to be seen in the flesh to appreciate the condition for its age for original paint and even has the original mossy net for the back window!

the van is still to be registered but can be sold with the new keeper taking care of that. i can register the bus for you but i need a good deposit paid as i will be storing the van whilst it gets registered.

all paperwork inc: customs clearance and taxes paid ,nova, and original us title is present and correct

i am sure there is bits i have forgotten as theres lots to say about this brilliant bus but it really does speak for itself in the flesh.

viewings welcome please ring to arrange a viewing

no test rides unless the full amount of cash is in my hand ( you crash it you’ve bought it ) and you have a full uk licence and insurance

located in manchester m6

cash on collection only and deposit needed to secure the van

i can also have the vehicle delivered but will need to ask me for a quote

listed elsewhere so i reserve the right to cancel and remove the van at any time unless deposit is taken

i have recently seen these sell painted and probably full of filler for 19-20k

£12K

more pictures available on request

Still up for sale? April is coming sono mate, loads of buyers in Denmark for this type of bus.

Let me know if it is still there.
Jan.

Latest posts