Westy style roofrack

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirty Harry

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm a newbie here.
I'm Harry from Holland and i own a 1970 westy campmobile and i was wondering if one of you guys have a westy style roofrack over your polyester roofbox?
I know that http://www.vintagewarehouse.com/ sells these but the shipping is pretty expensive.

This is how it looks like:
549539.jpg

316638.jpg

Is it possibe to convert a empi wetsy style roofrack for this purpose?

And this is my bus 8)
100_2635.jpg

100_2620.jpg

Soon more pics to follow.

Thanks, Harry

Hi try steve at vwoneonone he some times has them i think they are the vintagewarehouse ones.
http://www.vwoneonone.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
not on his for sale page you will have to mail him.

ricvw, thanks for the adress i send them a e-mail, i hope they have them.
Otherwise i'm gambling to order a EMPI repro and change it myself, because a standard one is to low to go over the the polyester top.
I must say this website is heaven for a earlybay owner!!! :D
The winter is long and the todo list is quiet long for a bus that has been garaged for almost 10 years after beeing partly restored.

Have you tryed karmankonection over here in the uk or the boys at KandK there in Holland they might even be able to put one in a bus they are shipping over worth a try.

Hi Harry!

Good to see you on here ..... lovely Westy! :cool:

Today i test fitted a original westfalia rack.
With a few minnor modifications it wil fit :D
DSC00173.jpg

Hi Alistar,

It's just a standard rack(original) and it fits over the lugage box.
And it's a little to long, the front bow is just over the poptop.
The bows need new silver paint and the uprights needs a little polishing but otherwise a great rack.

andewilson said:
councillor you amaze me with your font of random pics. how do you search for that?

what; are you telling me you don't have a picture of a man wearing two hats stashed away in your photobucket account for such an occasion ?

weird :?

i don't know how everybody else came to be *on the internet* but i was introduced to it by a friend whose identity shall remain a secret... let's just call him "tufty" and he was the king of the gadgets and a 'right computer whizz' and i was down at his house for a spell, fitting a bathroom for him, christ it must be a decade ago now :shock: and he was like, "do you want to have a go on the internet ?"

i grew up in a technological cave... i like valves and carburettors, and i was like, literally, "the interwhat ?"

first thing i remember was some quote he'd got hold of, or i'd looked up, or something, which said that if your sexual 'persuasion' was for having sex with goats whilst they were on fire, then you'd seemingly be in a pretty small minority... get yourself onto the internet however, and the first question you'd be likely to be asked would be "what breed of goats ?"

always stuck in my mind that :roll:

i personally can't understand why anybody would want to bolt a roofrack on over the roofrack that's already there, but i sometimes go wading in with my dainty size nines, and i needed something a little subtler... but how to get hold of a suitable image without literally walking to the hatstand in our hall with camera in hand ?

*the internet* that's how.

amazing really 8)

Latest posts