What a tripp

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Munga

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Panelvan
Hi all from the Deep South, Hobart Tasmania Australia , we’ve embarked on a journey that will hopefully change our lives I suspect. My thing is “sympathetic restorations “ not total restorations for motorcycle’s and cars , I’ve never done buses like ever, so stoked to start this journey with my wife. We’ve been looking at communities to chat with for a while now and it’s taken me about 6 months to pull the trigger and I thin “honey I’m home” hahahah so I’m looking forward to partaking in some convo’s because kombis have been consuming my every thought for a while now and I can’t seem to shake it man.

Attachments

• 5E0A550A-A3D4-4FE8-9C8C-35AE0AD676C1.jpeg
    5E0A550A-A3D4-4FE8-9C8C-35AE0AD676C1.jpeg
    247.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 02BAE523-CC23-464F-B230-24DC8D4E5A9A.jpeg
    02BAE523-CC23-464F-B230-24DC8D4E5A9A.jpeg
    401.3 KB · Views: 0
Gotta say that panel van looks very respectable indeed. Nowhere near The loads of gout and tin worm we get here in the UK. I grew up a bit north of you in Melbourne before coming back to England for my hols with a pal then ended up staying for an extra couple of months then eventually ended up staying here. Quite a few are now keeping panels as panel vans and not bothered with curtains,,, maybe it makes sense :)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,recognise that tree line :)

Last edited:
Gotta say that panel van looks very respectable indeed. Nowhere near Thea lint if gout and tin worm we get here in the UK. I grew up a bit north of you in Melbourne before coming back to England for my hols with a pal then ended up staying for an extra couple of months then eventually ended up staying here. Quite a few are now keeping panels as panel vans and not bothered with curtains,,, maybe it makes sense :)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,recognise that tree line :)
Ozziedog, you said it alright, all the subframes are killer and the roof gutters are awesome 😎 only a bit of cosmetic damage around the usual perimeter areas and the fact that it was stripped but a cobber came through with a donor 73 for missing parts and alls good

Welcome to EB!
Lovely Panel and great patina!
Lived in Blackmans Bay for a little while myself.
Tassie is such an awesome and empty place, at least it was 15 years ago…
Good luck with the restoration and hope to see photos of it driving soon.

Welcome to EB!
Lovely Panel and great patina!
Lived in Blackmans Bay for a little while myself.
Tassie is such an awesome and empty place, at least it was 15 years ago…
Good luck with the restoration and hope to see photos of it driving soon.
We’ll do mate, and thank you for the welcome, thus far ? Awesome platform and our pannel van is ex Australia post van hence the colour, is blue the colour of Royal Mail in the UK?

Last edited:
No mate, it’s all red now the post office stuff, it used to be grey and once upon a time it was yellow. I had an ex forestry Bedford crew cab back in the eighties, a Bedford CF2 . It was a horrible disgusting green colour but it really needed some new paint. I’d set up a couple of guys to spray my Bedford a light grey while I wasn’t using it because I was away for three weeks on my hols. When I came back I had a brilliant light grey paint job on my CF and got it sign written. Within a couple of months, the post office / Royal Mail had sprayed all their fleet the exact same colour, I was gutted.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,Great little truck apart from starting from cold :)

Great story and welcome 👍 Start a gallery thread and keep the updates coming.
Yeh good idea, I made a couple good scores today 15 nicker each or 30 au dollar’s each for a grand total of 30 quid.

Attachments

• 97846B84-221E-4DFD-BDF1-36ACD92F9B62.jpeg
    97846B84-221E-4DFD-BDF1-36ACD92F9B62.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 46F7EE75-A584-4B48-918E-48E9A5FFA0FA.jpeg
    46F7EE75-A584-4B48-918E-48E9A5FFA0FA.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts