What awning should I go for?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaboosie

Reaction score
Looking at buying a drive away awning, with blow up beams. What's the best type to go for? Also a it confused about rail height. Mine measures 170cm standard height at the mo, so what would fit best. Like the vango air beam and the travel pod maxi. Thanks.

Vango all the way, just bought a Vango Sapera II,
they don't make this model anymore but you can still get hold of them take a look on the net
it has been replaced with the "Kela" in my opinion this is not as good as the Sapera II
The Kela is smaller than the Sapera II, also all new Vango Airbeams don't come with an inner bedroom they are an optional extra
but they do come with the Sapera
As for the rail height, Vangos come in three different heights Low, Standard, and Tall
there is plenty of info on Youtube just key in Vango Airbeam Reviews

Hope this helps

Vinvan

Have a look at an olpro loopo breeze, I have just bought one its inflatable and a friend who has had every awning under the sun was very impressed. Only reason he won't get one isnt buying one is because it won't fit a motorhome.

Thanks boys. The olpro looks the same as the kela airbeam but it's cheaper. Still confused about rail height tho, will watch some videos on the tube and try to find out.

Very personal thing's awnings. I have done the rounds and tried the lot and for me, nothing comes close to a canvas bell tent awning. I had the sapera 11 last season and its a great bit of kit but the colour is gloomy. The straw that broke the camels back and made me sell it was being stuck in it for 2 days solid with really bad weather, it was just so depressing. The bell tent on the other hand is a light airy space thats really nice to be in regardless of weather. Goes up quickly to. The only downside is airing it out but well worth the aggro imo.

I'm also looking for an awning but wouldn't know where to start. I want something quick to put up and a fairly small when packed away

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk

danban said:
I'm also looking for an awning but wouldn't know where to start. I want something quick to put up and a fairly small when packed away

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk

Inflatables are excellent, I have a glass back and putting up any other awning in the past has at times ruin my 1st days camping. Mine weighs 18kg and very easy to put up.
Khyam motor dome are good but I know friends who have had the joints break in high winds, he now has an inflatable vango and he reckons it the nuts. Olpro is great value, I got mine 8n the sale for £320 with a carpet.

Thanks again everyone. Think I'm going to go with the vango kela 3 low. Looks well made and easy to put up for all the videos I seen.

Latest posts