What is the name of those chassis legs??

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure what theyre called, never seen them for sale either. Probably need to get some fabricated?

Rich.

From the bottom they look like that:

DSC00974.JPG

DSC00975.JPG

http://www.vwheritage.com/vwh/VW-Camper-Van-Parts/Bus-Parts-1968-79/Chassis-Parts/?templateID=vwh" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Araons link to heritage shows the repair sections available.

Not entirely sure what they are called but watching others inspecting similar I think they might be called kinell lookatastate athat.

I think they're called 'luckyifyoufindthem'. Didn't know heritage offered these as i was in same boat two years ago, a real mess. Options: to find someone breaking a van if in good shape and get cuts, rusty on here? and others maybe volksheaven, skp, fbi?. In the end mine were fabricated by the guy i had taken my van to, he did a very good job but it takes time (and dosh). Also heritage don't do main chassis leg parts, it looks like you have problems in both. It was worth it in the end but with me it came as a shock what was uncovered..

good luck

Schofields do the front chassis outrigger .. but its only a straight piece of box section to be honest ..

Its a good start for fabrication, but then you have to adapt it to the main chassis rail ..

I found some of these when I needed them for £100 ish for both sides, but never used them in the end ..

Sold them to Galvman on here .. with talks of patterning them in Stainless .. not sure if he did but drop him a PM for a try .. he's a good lad ..

These areas are reasonably easy to refabricate as its heavy stuff .. just be aware of how many layers there are where the sections meet ..

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8539&start=20

have a look on my thread here for some pics when i did mine .. if you want anymore pics let us know , i have loads ..

Hilly

Latest posts