what new thing have you learnt about your bay this week...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have learnt that a lot of people dont read their owners handbook (re dash dimmer and how to close the sliding door) :lol:

If you dont have one thats no excuse - they are scanned into TheSamba here

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/manuals/type2.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

so you can save and print them. :) Great thread BTW.

Trikky2 said:
I have learnt that a lot of people dont read their owners handbook (re dash dimmer and how to close the sliding door) :lol:

If you dont have one thats no excuse - they are scanned into TheSamba here

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/manuals/type2.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

so you can save and print them. :) Great thread BTW.

Learnt the there are smart asses on here :lol: :lol:
and a site called the samba exists, im one site man me!!!

Getting this close to a fuel truck to take a picture of my bus pisses the hell out of a truck driver :shock:
wheels045.jpg

Learnt that despite my whittling about a rather unknown engine that the 250 mile round trip to VW Festival at 60mph was a breeze and the more you cane it the better it goes! At least for now... I love my bus more & more each time I get behind the wheel!

i've learned that you should never try and dismantle your awning in 70mph winds as it will bend and tear into a mass of metal and material.... :(

Also... always check the tyre pressure that your garage puts into your new tyres otherwise you will drive onto a sopping wet field with 60psi in them :shock: and need towing out :oops:

and kipping in the camper on a beach sounds like fun but those pesky 70mph winds will wake you up with a bang! and the barrier you could fit under before may be slightly lower on the way out :roll:

Our first week away in cornwall was still frickin awesome!

dubman24 said:
and the barrier you could fit under before may be slightly lower on the way out :roll:

Ouch ! Blown sand?

Good tip - I will watch out for that.

Glad to hear you had a good time :)

my bus seems cavernous! packed up for hols in cornwall and it still looks empty! its amazing where you can hide stuff when you need to!

I loved CHiPs, I think it's partly responsible for my VW obsession. :mrgreen:

I'v learnt, when camping at Dubs at the beach don't run to the porta loo when the rain is coming straight at you ,cause you slip right on your arse,you slide about 8 foot,your right leg gets stuck under the porta loo, the dude who is holding the door open for you looks down burst in to a hysterical lafin fit and runs off to tell all his mates . :oops:

Jim Drake said:
I'v learnt, when camping at Dubs at the beach don't run to the porta loo when the rain is coming straight at you ,cause you slip right on your arse,you slide about 8 foot,your right leg gets stuck under the porta loo, the dude who is holding the door open for you looks down burst in to a hysterical lafin fit and runs off to tell all his mates . :oops:

:shock: that is definitely a frank spencer moment!!! :lol:

how did you get out from under the loo?

i saw a guy get tossed about while taking a constitutional in a porta-loo by about 8 of his mates. They tossed it onto its door so he was trapped, i could hear him barfing but didnt wait around to see him come out! :p

Hello hipshaker yes it's me. I might be ok spinning a few records but olympic bog surfing is not my best skill
cheers Jim :D

Back to the toppic i'v found my m codes the date code says 08 1 what does this mean :?:

I have learned that my bay could be back from the paint ship next Thursday.

Yes I still have it & it's gonna look sweeeeet!

Latest posts