what new thing have you learnt about your bay this week...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'v learnt 08 1 means week8 monday , when did the weeks start from :?: or am i being thick

http://www.type2.com/m-codes/t2date.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

January, I thought it was August.

Just to make it more confusing VW mixed model and calendar years. :mrgreen:

I have learnt that my 1972 is actually a 1971 camper! :shock:
Built in Nov 71, registered in Nov 72.

If i had been paying attention then i would have realised this back in July when Speedman helped me decipher my M plate but thanks to Aaron and Joval humoring me i finally got there!

I thought mine was a 71 but its actually a 72 - maybe we should swap just to avoid confusion!?

halfpint_fighter said:
I have learnt that my 1972 is actually a 1971 camper! :shock:
Built in Nov 71, registered in Nov 72.

If i had been paying attention then i would have realised this back in July when Speedman helped me decipher my M plate but thanks to Aaron and Joval humoring me i finally got there!

Yours is still a '72 model though ;)

Just built in '71 - but the 1972 model year started in august 1971. :)

Learnt today that if a mouse has been living in the headlining and eating the wire to the front courtesy light, when you go to fix said light, the wire can break and disappear into the roof bracing with bare wire touching the steel and because its a permanent live it makes smoke and that makes you run like hell to get a 13mm spanner to disconnect the battery. Also makes your pants smell funny.

Latest posts