What wheels for my bay Cookie Cutters or BRM, pics please

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leebug

Reaction score
I cant decide between cookie cutters or BRMs for my bay
lots of wheel pic,incentive please.

It depends if it is wide 5 or small 5 stud. Wide 5 is better for BRM's as they bolt straight on, Small 5 BRM's don't look right, so I would run a Porsche wheel.

The BRM's might look better & less hassle to fit.

good point pete i forgot to say , its small 5 x112pcd.
i suppose i could go for black empi 5s.
done that before though.
Has anyone got pics of a bus with COOKIECUTTERS

I think BRMs personally. :)

If you're thinking of going to Porsche pattern then I'd go for teledials everytime. They look so good on bays IMO.

If money was no object :D (and i know there a bugger to fit etc etc)

dsr.jpg

nicon_drool.gif

leebug said:
done that before though.

CombiPorsche's bus looks awesome on Cookie Cutters - it was my inspiration for getting some CC's for my bus - his...
IMG000032.JPG

IMG000021.JPG

IMG000041.JPG

If only you'd asked two weeks ago as I've just sold four 15"x6" Cookie Cutters on Ebay!!! :cry:

;)

Thanks mate i have those pics on my screen saver.
it is tempting just means using adapters and that always puts a doubt in my mind.
not many people using cookie cutters though.

leebug said:
Johnny what wheels are they, ive not seen them before.

Iron Cross.

They are a reproduction of a wheel that never really came in to production in the 60's. If im right they were originaly designed by rader who the Rader wheel in the 60's also.

I had an oppurtunity to buy one of the first sets in the UK going back 4 years ago but went against and bought Sprint Stars.

Not cheap and made to order by a small company in Germany.
They get there name as they look like a certain German symbol using during the war.

Mike

They're Der Steiner Rads - very controversial!

Search for DSR or Der Steiner Rads on VZi and check it out - they're very expensive too!!! (you might want to put aside a couple of hours to look into it - the debate goes on and on...)

;)

For me the type of wheel to choose depends on the stance of the van & stud pattern.

I've seen several stock height vans with alloys and no matter how much they cost don't look right. For me one rule applies and thats stock height stock wheels and in certain cases even keep it stock.

I'm new to the site but been looking for several months and looking at the gallery section certain vans just look right.

Two of those are Clem's & Clyde's. Original wide five solids nicely painted with nice caps and just look so right.

I do agree with pete nice in that the best wheel to fit is the fuch, detailed or polished.

Flat4 do the best repro but you need to re-drill or fit adapters.

I decided on Sprit Stars for my last bus as they were not that common and they bolted straight on.

I agree that BRM's for late 112 pcd don't look quite right and no offence but i wouldn't buy them cos everyone's got them.

I think it depends on your budget.

Mike

i agree about the BRMs (but i still want a pair), but to me, Fuchs look a bit like cheap wheel trims unless thay are chromed and highly polished.

The DSRs were ripped off from some dude in the 60s who didnt actually go into production on them. He did give his blessing to Randy from Randar Wheels, but the DSRs IMHO are much better quality and better made (from what i hear and see). If your reading the VZI thread about DSRs make sure to leave yourself about 4 hours to get through it :D

Justin & Mutley said:
leebug said:
done that before though.

CombiPorsche's bus looks awesome on Cookie Cutters - it was my inspiration for getting some CC's for my bus - his...
IMG000032.JPG

IMG000021.JPG

IMG000041.JPG

If only you'd asked two weeks ago as I've just sold four 15"x6" Cookie Cutters on Ebay!!! :cry:

;)

Now they look Cool 8)

BRMs for me, dont think cookies are the right period (to modern).

DSRs are fookin lovely, and i know the 2 guys who tooled up to make these in Germany. I cant be arsed to read the VZi thread but i know they take ages to make each set and they are all personalized and numbered.
Quality costs......................... simple as that.
I think there only making a couple of more sets anyway.

Lee, I love my 112pcd BRM's and it does not matter who and how many have them, if you like em son....I say go get some! :wink: Gas Burners are also a cool choice? One thing i would say is choose some nice tyres and get the size/size's right and to your requirements. Tyres go a long way in getting the 'look' you are after.

Latest posts