wheel choice

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kris

Reaction score
hi,

Iam thinking of changing my wheel to a set of chrome O/E style, but i'm concerned that they will corroed/rust too easily. Does anyone know if this is always the case or are they fine if they are polished regularly and not used during the winter months.

i currently have a set of brms on my van, but have problems with getting replacement tyres as i hav had to use 165/50r 15 and 175/50r 15 to get the wheel to fit under the rear wings.

if anyone has any thoughts on this please reply. :?

cheers

if you get the expensive hub caps they should last,£50+ each tho

from what ive heard the cheep ones will last months if your lucky

Kris said:
i currently have a set of brms on my van, but have problems with getting replacement tyres as i hav had to use 165/50r 15 and 175/50r 15 to get the wheel to fit under the rear wings.
cheers

Supprised you have problems getting 165/50 R15 tyres, not usually on the shelf, but normally next day at any tyre place. 175/50 R 15 on the rear sounds unusual, certain 'recipes' have been proven to work and I don't recall that size being popular.(although it would not be the first time I was wrong!) 185/60, 185/65, 195/60 etc (all 15") seem to be regular choices. I currently have 185/65 R 15 and had to 'ease' the n/s/r arch a little to prevent fouling. that said, the 356 replica rims do have a lot of positive offset which doesn't help. Am suprised you have problems with 175 width tyres, is it that they foul when fitted or just an arse to get the wheel on the drum? If your bus is lowered then geting the rear wheels on is a pain.

Hi,

The tyres are available to order but, there is a back log. Also having these tyres on my polished BRM's does not look right and they are the only size I could get to fit. This is because at some point my vans had new rear arches and for sum reason a larger tyre will not fit under the arch. Even with the current tyre they just fit.

Where's the best place to get a set of chrome porsche 356 replica wheels.

Cheers for the replies

Yes they are fully polished, but they are not for sale. I may sell them in the future, but I haven't decided whether to keep them or not yet.

Does anyone know of anywhere that can chrome standard steel wheels (not hub caps)? I have tried a couple of places but was told I special tool would be required and the demand would not sufficient to warrant the cost.

The reason why I ask is because iv heard that the company which currently manufacture Chrome O/E style wheels has gone under, making them unavailable.

Give these guys a call very good

http://www.qualitychrome.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hi,

just thought i let you know i gave the chrome/polishing company a call, but had no joy. if anyone knows of anywhere else i could try please let me know.

cheers :)

Kris

Midland Wheel Services are doing 356 Replicas in both painted and chrome version

http://www.midlandwheels.com/Shop/P-2167-5.5-x-15-Silver-356-Style-Steel-Wheel-5x205.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts