Wheel offsets and tyres on standard beam...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruth11

Reaction score
We want to buy some new alloys for our van. Currently it's at stock ride height on stock wheels (although not wide fives as we have disks on the front)

At some point we are probably going to drop the front by about 3.5" using drop spindles and 1 spline on the rear.

I think I'm right in saying we probably can't run the same tyre sizes at both heights, but we should at least be able to use the same alloys. Trouble is, not sure what sizes to get. 4.5j on the front and 5.5j on the back (assuming 15" wheels) or 5.5j all round?

If we were to get some fuchs repro's, 4.5j front and 5.5j rears (ET20 offset), what size tyres would we need for current ride height and then for lowered height? What about if we go with 5.5j all round?

Thanks (I did do a search but it's too complicated so thought I'd ask the direct question!)

Have a look through the 'stance' thread / sticky at the top of the tech page, loads of combos / ideas.
IIRC most people run 185x**x15 on the back and 175x**x15's on the front

(** - cant for the life of me remember the size :oops: )

froggy said:
Have a look through the 'stance' thread / sticky at the top of the tech page, loads of combos / ideas.
IIRC most people run 185x**x15 on the back and 175x**x15's on the front

(** - cant for the life of me remember the size :oops: )

Yeah, I've seen that thread and started going through it, but not many people tell you the wheel size and offset to go with the tyres and rather a lot are already lowered. I admit I stopped after about 5 pages though, so I'll trawl through the last 9!

Do people run 4.5j on the front? Not everywhere seems to sell these so am not sure if it's a popular thing to do. Should we go for 5.5j all round? Is there any reason to go 4.5j at the front - would it help with clearance issues when lowering?

Hey you,, where are you ?? If you`re anywhere near Bristol, call by and have a look at what I`m running and my standards etc. See if if you can post the area you live and go and see some of the busses in your area. you get a much better feel for what you`re seeing if it`s there staring you in the face !! Wish I`d had a much better look at other busses before I waded in.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, Try before you buy 8) :lol: 8)

Latest posts