Where to buy Accelerator linkage

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also needed these items an looked everywhere, made my own in end, I needed item 12 too but changed the bushes for roller bearings ;)
Hope ya have better luck then I did

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=58950" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Buttys bits sell kits as above, well regarded too.
Any help to you ?

Butty's kits are amazing, if you managed to get everything new like original it would still be crap compared to one of Butty's. It is one of the best improvements you can make to any bus.

Buttys looks like a replacement for 4/7/10, I was looking to replace these with stock but this looks better so thanks for link.

As for the bits I need I'll do as Apollo and replace with steel bar and roller bearings.

I was cutting out rot on chassis outrigger and maybe got over zealous and should have checked availability before slicing through linkage. It wasn't in best of condition so shouldn't be too hard to improve it.

Thanks guys

I bought the buttys bits linkage an yes it's so much better but the cross shaft which I needed an Harry uk needs no one seems to do :? But yes well recommend buttys bits throttle linkage 8)

Cheekily asked a local machine shop if they had steel bar, found it posted through my letter box this morning :)

I've cleaned up remaining bits so pretty much sorted. Wouldn't be difficult to manufacture so hopefully someone does this in the future.

I've ordered a bush for part 12 so I'll post details if it is suitable.

Last question .. Should both levers be in line as shown in picture and my photo?

Will be looking into the later stuff , but got so many other jobs started i need to stop saying yes to everything . Need to find someone to sell me time ....

The only thing im doing for the later buses is a replacement rod setup for the pedal , so does away with the "S" shaped pedal pushrod , the replacement is a double ended swivel unit . That is adjustable length wise .
The new thing im working on is brand new wiper motor setups for all early buses from splits to late bays and bugs etc . So new motors with 2 speeds and self park and possibly intermittent wipe . Early splits are almost done . So if anyone has an earlybay unit spare that i could buy and convert please feel free to message me ...

And thanks for the Love Radish :D

Latest posts