which cv boot?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronmidg

Reaction score
just had topic answered re model differences or not, thanx 67 panel.

went to order parts and have a selection of part numbers.

vw heritage 211-598-201 all bays (genuine) £21.95 includes grease sachet, can get a whole can of Castrol moly grease for £8 off ebay
vw heritage 211-598-201/R all bays (german repro) £9.95 includes grease and has new bolts, clamp, circlip, washer
GSF on ebay 211-501-149 68-79 £3.37+p&p can't get their website to show a picture, and the ebay add has a picture disclaimer
Busboys 251-598-201 68-91 $18.25 German includes grease, bolts, clamps etc
Busboys 251-598-201Z 68-91 $6.40 heavy duty neoprene, boot plus grease and clamp

Are all the modern repros made of neoprene? and maybe also come with integral outer cover so only one clamp per boot, if I went for the VW heritage new driveshaft assembly (£101.95) the picture suggests it uses these boots.

Does anyone know the GSF item? I guess it must be repro at the price, it comes without any extras which is good, I prefer my old VW bolts to modern why. Luckily I have GSF quite close so will be off to chat to Glynn tommorrow.

Assuming all these are the same fit, which is the better boot, neoprene or rubber?

Is the busboys heavy duty any different to the other repros?

I bought status ones a couple of years ago. Fitted no problem quality good. The only problem was the horse shoe spacers did not fit the later boots, I had to buy new ones from heritage.

Latest posts