Who said a Pop Top westy wouldnt fit in a normal garage

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slammedresto

Reaction score
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

S5001348.jpg

i'm very jealous wish i had a garage i hate seeing me van on the drive getting hammered by the rain

I got my pop top in the garage too! had to take an electric saw to most of the beams and then brace with metal, also needed to raise the door up so i have a gap at the bottom now! :shock:

I even had to cut a hole in the garage overhang at the front so the garage door handle would fit in...it's that close! hehehe

Inside it misses the beams by about 1.5cm

But hey! - A miss is as good as a mile, that's what i say!

slammedresto said:
i just slammed my bus, left the garage standard :mrgreen:

oh yeah! I forgot I also had to have it dropped 7 inches! :D

garage is tiny, cant believe it's in there!

I'm about to alter mine to get the bus in.... the plan is to try and to so i can keep the roof rack on. The prob with my garage is the up and over door doesn't open that high and the drive is angled up. I've got to remove the up and over door and make some concertina wooden doors and may be alter the roof at the frt.

yeah i looked at doing something similar, you could put two hinges on the side so the door opens to the left or right.

Or put an extra few rounds of brick on and raise the roof :twisted:

we had an up and over and could only the get the old van in with flat tyres hehe, so bought a roller door of ebay for about 125quid new lol wierd really as when the dormobile is in there i can lift the roof and still got about 4ft above that, so i want to get a ramp :)

Latest posts